Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would any 1 be in favor Alvarez vs Chavez Jr happening? Chavez chooses W8 limit LOL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would any 1 be in favor Alvarez vs Chavez Jr happening? Chavez chooses W8 limit LOL

I would like to see this fight because it would be an absolute war. Both have trouble making weight and I am sure they would both understand each other and come to a solution.
    In Favor
    55.56%
    Not In Favor.
    44.44%

Supposedly there is talk of Cotto-Chavez Jr. in the fall. Winner fighting Canelo next would be huge.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...o-vs-chavez-jr

Article basically says that Chavez claims he can make 160, and there is talk of him possibly fighting cotto later this year, among other guys like froch.

Comment

Arum needs to make GGG vs Cotto happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
        Supposedly there is talk of Cotto-Chavez Jr. in the fall. Winner fighting Canelo next would be huge.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...o-vs-chavez-jr

Article basically says that Chavez claims he can make 160, and there is talk of him possibly fighting cotto later this year, among other guys like froch.
        If GGG vs Geale draws a huge crowd at MSG, Expect cotto vs ggg to be made, If GGG can sell a whole lot of tix at MSG, Then Expect something like GGG Vs Cotto to sell out in 1-2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          I would like to see this fight because it would be an absolute war. Both have trouble making weight and I am sure they would both understand each other and come to a solution.
          i can see canelo going at 160 soon but chavez is struggling to even make 168, and no matter what he or arum can say about cotto or canelo, is not going to happen... he is just ridding on their names...

Comment

Cotto doesn't fight Golovkin or Chavez Jr. It would be hilarious.
            Last edited by MDPopescu; 07-16-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Canelo fights at 154 and Chavez Jr. can barely make 168. I'm sure Canelo can pull his own but that would be a huge weight difference come fight night. Not in favor. Let them be their own respectable boxers in separate weight divisions.

Comment

Junior can't make 160 he can't even get to 168 without diuretics. How is he supposed to fight Cotto, Cotto gives up 15lbs at the weighin then 30 at the ring?
                You guys talk silly when it comes making weight. As your training to get into shape your appetite increases and you need to eat not diet down to small meals and lack of fluids. What a fighter weighs at the age of 25yrs is usually a forgotten number at age 32yrs. Some can maintain that shape but most move up with maturity.
                Let Junior fight some 175 fringe contenders and lets see if he trains and if he wins. To me his drawing power is far down and he's ready to become "opponent" status. (the kid is not very good)
                Ray

Comment

.........as far as Canelo sure make it 170 and a 6 rounder under a good main event and give them 7 grand each. Should be a good fight!

Comment

I voted not in favor. Canelo has no problem making weight and recently made 152. He plans to stay at 154. Chavez is the one who repeatedly failed to make the agreed weight. It only happened to Canelo once in the Angulo fight and then he paid for one extra pound. So you have a big 168 pounder against a big 154 pounder and that is too much weight difference. If they were the same natural weight it would be a great fight which I think Canelo would win due to better offense and defense and more speed and skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X