Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto at his peak. Would you consider him a GREAT fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto at his peak. Would you consider him a GREAT fighter?

How will you describe the very best version of Miguel Cotto?
    Would you consider him a great fighter?
    Even the very best version of Miguel should not be considered a great fighter(imo). Cotto at his peak was probably a 'very good' fighter.

(Note this is not about resume, just the best version of Cotto in terms of abilities/talent, his resume when it's all said and done could be considered a 'great resume', he still got a few years left)
    No, I don't consider Cotto a GREAT fighter
    46.90%
    Yes. the very best version of Cotto should be considered a great fighter
    53.10%
    Last edited by Felixtito; 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM.

No.

Gave us some great fights but not a great fighter.

Comment

Good fighter but not great. When it counted cotto always got his assssssssss whooped

Comment

No, very good but definitely not great. But no shame in that because really there are not many great fighters period

Comment

Good question. Let's take a look at his best wins during his best years:

Bailey
          Corley
          Torres
          Malignaggi
          Quintana
          Urkal
          Judah
          Mosley
          Clottey

That's a very respectable resume. He's missing a win over an eilte fighter such as Mayweather or Pacquiao. I don't blame him for the Mayweather fight not happening when it should of and Pacquiao is an elite fighter who was just on a hot streak and blasting anyone in his path.

But I would classify him as a good fighter and a strong champion who just came up short of being great.

Comment

Cotto wasa a great fighter and ran into plaster hands Margarito. I am certain Margarito had loaded gloves in that fight and Cotto was never the same afterwards.

Comment

the cotto that ko'd gianluco branco would ko anybody!

Comment

At his very best he was a very good fighter. But at his worst, he can really be bad and struggle badly with fighters who aren't very good. He's been in wars with some fighters a great fighter shouldn't be in wars with. He got busted up by Zab Judah coming off a 400+ day lay off/loss to Baldomir/Mayweather. Sure he got the win but he got busted up by a very inactive Judah who was clearly too small for WW and his resume proves that 30+ wins-2 losses at 140, 7-5 at 147.

Comment

Based on sheer ability/talent, at his peak, I would say Cotto was arguably a great fighter. (I say, "was," because I think Miguel is past his best.) But I think he falls just shy of being called "great"...just shy.

Comment

He has never been great nor never will be but he was good enough in his prime to make some pussy named Floyd retire till he got two ass whoopings to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X