Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia's nothing special.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Mikey is the next Cotto, but he's good. Cotto is sure HOF, with the potential to be even more depending on what happens the rest of his career. He's won titles in 3 weight classes. I can't see Mikey winning in 3 weight classes. I see him winning a couple of titles, having a solid career, but losing to the top people. Once Donaire eventually moves up more, I don't see Mikey beating him. Same with Rigondeaux. And once Mikey moves up in the next year or two, because he'll have to, I don't see him beating Adrien Broner or Gamboa either.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-11-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      I don't think Mikey is the next Cotto, but he's good. Cotto is sure HOF, with the potential to be even more depending on what happens the rest of his career. He's won titles in 4 weight classes. I can't see Mikey winning titles at 126, 130, 135, and 140. I see him winning a couple of titles in a couple weight classes, having a solid career, but losing to the top people. Once Donaire eventually moves up more, I don't see Mikey beating him. Same with Rigondeaux. And once Mikey moves up in the next year or two, because he'll have to, I don't see him beating Adrien Broner or Gamboa either.
      Cotto only has a title in 3 divisions

But i like Mikey, he is a very solid fighter but i do think he is too patient and doesnt go to the body enough

Plus i havent see him in trouble yet and that says alot about a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Cotto only has a title in 3 divisions

But i like Mikey, he is a very solid fighter but i do think he is too patient and doesnt go to the body enough

Plus i havent see him in trouble yet and that says alot about a fighter
        My bad. I confused myself with the 4 titles in 3 weight classes, and said 4 weight classes, my fault.

I think he's good too, but it seems like people don't think he's being brought along too slowly, but they say other people are. Garcia hasn't fought one Top ranked FW yet and he's 24. Broner is 22 and has fought Ponce De Leon, Litzau, and Perez, all good fights. Even Alvarez fighting Rhodes and Cintron are better than anything Mikey has done thus far. Don't get me wrong, I think Mikey will have a better career than Canelo, but I just don't see why there's a double standard. By the time Floyd was 24, he'd beaten Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Carlos Gerena, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, and Jesus Chavez. By the time Manny was 24, he'd beaten Chatchai Sasakul and Lehlo Ledwaba, and had won titles in 2 weight classes.

Comment

Working...
        X