Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto wins is he a credible opponent for Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
    in a floyd mayweather voice"you dont know **** about boxing" lol how are lara, bradley, khan and martinez more credible than cotto,, lara has 1 good win on his resume which is paul williams who got his ass whipped by quintana who cotto destroyed while quintana was undefeated,,bradley hasnt beat any relevent fighters at all and has been ducking whack azz khan for months now and martinez bishhh azz only wants to fight little guys,,, he's quick to call out floyd, pac,and cotto but when they tell martinez that b hop said he would fight him gay serg says "oh no he is too much bigger than me" on top of that martinez lost to margarito and cintron,,, cottos resume is way better than all these aholes,, im tired of ppl acting like cotto is washed up. cotto has 2 loses, one to a convicted cheater and one to pac who made him come in weight drained and wont take a drug test(random). i remember when fighters could have 4 or 5 losses and still be relevant.. these new boxing fans really ruined boxing with that one loss and you now suck attitude. i wish trinidad was boxing in this era at welterweight so he could sweep the floor with all these posers
    Never said Lara was, said maybe if he beat Lara. Still, Cotto hasn't done shit since moving up from 147. Bradley, Martinez and Khan are definitely more credible, not only would they bring more to the ring; better challenge, it means more to beat those guys right now.

Comment

Yes if they fight at 154. There are no manny better options for Mayweather to fight. I think it could verry well happen. Cotto may lose but it would be the biggest payday in his life and he could retire after that. He doesnt want to fight much longer anyway so why not?

Comment

Lets put Floyd in there against a fighter who has to get set, is practically one-handed for the most part, telegraphs his punches and has alright conditioning. Lets call that a credible fight

Also, don't talk to me about Cotto's jab, Floyd will pull counter his ass. You guys really don't know how easily Floyd slices through him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisoka_ View Post
          Lets put Floyd in there against a fighter who has to get set, is practically one-handed for the most part, telegraphs his punches and has alright conditioning. Lets call that a credible fight

Also, don't talk to me about Cotto's jab, Floyd will pull counter his ass. You guys really don't know how easily Floyd slices through him right now.
          all fantasy wins i see. sorry. i prefer them real wins.

Comment

More credible then Ortiz. But there are obviously better fights to be made at this stage.

Comment

its still appealing...

Comment

Cotto telegraphs his punches? Have you actually ever watched him?

Comment

Cottos a credible opponent for floyd, only in so much Cotto has a chance against Floyd, because Floyd isnt ahead of peers. Its a pick em fight because i dont rate Floyd.

But as for if Floyd beats Cotto, he wont get any credit whatsoever for beating Cotto. Pac destroyed him already.

So by what i just said, should i vote yes or no? He is credible because he is capable of beating Floyd, but then again he isnt credible, because Floyd will get no credit whatsoever for beating him.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    Cotto telegraphs his punches? Have you actually ever watched him?
                    His left hook especially, yes. And as it is, Floyd doesn't get hit with left hooks O.O

Comment

His left hook especially, yes. And as it is, Floyd doesn't get hit with left hooks O.O
                      Cotto doesnt telegraph his left hook. Watch him:

GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                      X