• Show
Clear All

• Hoppa vs Mirovic? Who Wins?

Hoppa vs Mirovic? Who Wins?
    John Hopate
    35.29%
    Bob Mirovic
    64.71%

Hoppa can't last more than 4 rounds.. Big Bob is definitely crafty enough to wait out the danger period.
    Last edited by mgkirkpatrick; 09-09-2008, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Hoppa by KO shane Cameron style

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
        Hoppa can't last more than 4 rounds.. Big Bob is definitely crafty enough to wait out the danger period.
        Wouldn't be surprised if he gets KOd in first. Mirovic is way too schooled for Hoppa to give him any serious trouble. Hoppa should be fighting Lance 'Thommo' Thompson on a Mundine Card.

Big Bob's breathing a sigh of relief that Hoppa's wearing gloves so his a-hole will be spared a drubbing.

Comment

Should be more like Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by huricn View Post
            Hoppa by KO shane Cameron style
            That was impressive. A massive left hook i remember. He broke his right hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Brunswick Assassin View Post
              Wouldn't be surprised if he gets KOd in first. Mirovic is way too schooled for Hoppa to give him any serious trouble. Hoppa should be fighting Lance 'Thommo' Thompson on a Mundine Card.

Big Bob's breathing a sigh of relief that Hoppa's wearing gloves so his a-hole will be spared a drubbing.
              Laughed my ****en ass off...brilliant!!! BRILLIANT!!!!

Comment

Mirovic will win this easily...it will be like Lennox Lewis vs David Tua lol (sorry righthook!!) but theres always a chance for hop Poo ate to ko anyone but he doesint have the skills of Shane Cameron lol and Mirovic will smash him hopefully!!!!!

Comment

Fenech fires up Mirovic's mongrel

By Bernie Pramberg
                  September 10, 2008

AFTER 22 years and 50 professional fights, Big Bob Mirovic says he has finally added "mongrel" to his arsenal.

The easy-going Mirovic credits hard-nosed trainer Jeff Fenech with igniting an aggression that has been dormant for most of his career.

"Over a lot of years, people have said that I've never had the mongrel that a top-line fighter needs," Mirovic said.

"I can't argue with that - they were probably right.

"But since I linked with Jeff eight months ago that's changed.

" He's so aggressive in everything he does that it has to rub off.

"After 50 fights, I'm going in against John Hopoate with a different attitude."

Mirovic is favourite to defend his Australian heavyweight title against the former rugby league star at the Gold Coast Convention Centre tonight.

The vastly experienced Mirovic, who has fought in seven countries, made light of his 42 years.

"When I was 26 I went to train with Cec Waters, father of the fighting sons Dean, Guy and Troy," Mirovic said.

"I was with Cec for six years and he told me I wouldn't reach my peak until I was 40. I reckon he was right.

"Cec was always on about desire - he said your desire needed to be so strong that it caused pain."

Mirovic's last appearance was in November last year when he beat Queenslander Colin Wilson.

It was Mirovic's fifth win from as many bouts against his old rival for the Australian title.

Although Hopoate will concede experience, height, weight and reach against Mirovic, he is capable of an upset.

Hopoate's involvement with boxing has not been a fleeting affair and he has been determined to learn the craft.

"It's a tough sport. It can be very lonely and you have to persevere," he said.

A strong undercard of seven bouts includes boom West Australian junior-lightweight William Kickett (12-0) against Indonesian southpaw Zoel Fidal (16-5-2), former north Queenslander Lance Gostelow against Argentine Pable Ernesto Olivetto, and fiery featherweight Matt Powell against former world amateur champion Sedat Tasci.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                    Fenech fires up Mirovic's mongrel

By Bernie Pramberg
                    September 10, 2008

AFTER 22 years and 50 professional fights, Big Bob Mirovic says he has finally added "mongrel" to his arsenal.

The easy-going Mirovic credits hard-nosed trainer Jeff Fenech with igniting an aggression that has been dormant for most of his career.

"Over a lot of years, people have said that I've never had the mongrel that a top-line fighter needs," Mirovic said.

"I can't argue with that - they were probably right.

"But since I linked with Jeff eight months ago that's changed.

" He's so aggressive in everything he does that it has to rub off.

"After 50 fights, I'm going in against John Hopoate with a different attitude."

Mirovic is favourite to defend his Australian heavyweight title against the former rugby league star at the Gold Coast Convention Centre tonight.

The vastly experienced Mirovic, who has fought in seven countries, made light of his 42 years.

"When I was 26 I went to train with Cec Waters, father of the fighting sons Dean, Guy and Troy," Mirovic said.

"I was with Cec for six years and he told me I wouldn't reach my peak until I was 40. I reckon he was right.

"Cec was always on about desire - he said your desire needed to be so strong that it caused pain."

Mirovic's last appearance was in November last year when he beat Queenslander Colin Wilson.

It was Mirovic's fifth win from as many bouts against his old rival for the Australian title.

Although Hopoate will concede experience, height, weight and reach against Mirovic, he is capable of an upset.

Hopoate's involvement with boxing has not been a fleeting affair and he has been determined to learn the craft.

"It's a tough sport. It can be very lonely and you have to persevere," he said.

A strong undercard of seven bouts includes boom West Australian junior-lightweight William Kickett (12-0) against Indonesian southpaw Zoel Fidal (16-5-2), former north Queenslander Lance Gostelow against Argentine Pable Ernesto Olivetto, and fiery featherweight Matt Powell against former world amateur champion Sedat Tasci.
                    Good storie man...still cant believe they are charging $50.00 for this ****...its ridiculous!! If it were maybe $19.95 I would buy it...surely they would make more money at a lesser price?? anyway kick his ass "BIGBOB"!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X