No announcement yet.

Paul "The Punisher" Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul "The Punisher" Williams

I've been taken a bit by surprise at the amount of high regard Paul Williams is getting on these forums. There are a lot of people betting on him to defeat Antonio Margarito next month and it got me thinking. I can't say I've seen a lot of Paul's fights, I've only seen his last two actually. So I really can't speak a lot about him and I'm not afraid to admit it. What do you think of the case of Paul Williams?

Do you think Williams is a case of a young undefeated fighter who is being overhyped at this early stage in his career, or do you think it has more to do with Margarito haters just hoping that Margarito gets crushed?

Personally as I've said, I've only seen him fight twice but I was impressed. With not only his in ring ability but also his tremendous physical advantages and the way he uses them in the ring, still I think Margarito is going to be his toughest challenge to date.

overrated. margarito will get no credit when he knocks out williams just like when he did cintron dirty.

Comment

The Punisher is the man. I seen him during his espn days. he is the valuev of the welter weights but he has real skill to back up the frame. Asuper exciting fighter especially if he has the right dance partner. if he ends up being the real deal(which I think he will), he could have some classics before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Spade View Post
        overrated. margarito will get no credit when he knocks out williams just like when he did cintron dirty.
        I'm not a fan of Margarito's by any stretch of the word, but I completely agree. I respect the hell out of Margarito as I do all professional boxers, but I am a bit fed up with his fans, as I am with Mayweather's, as I am with Hatton's, etc..etc...etc...

When it comes betting time, I will be betting on Margarito to win.

Comment

Originally posted by CottoOverrated1 View Post
          The Punisher is the man. I seen him during his espn days. he is the valuev of the welter weights but he has real skill to back up the frame. Asuper exciting fighter especially if he has the right dance partner.
          So Cotto is overrated, but Williams is not? Not even a little? Don't get me wrong, I'm not starting a flame war, I just want a response. It just seems to me that the guy is getting a lot of respect and credit for someone who's never really been under the big spotlight and shown his worth.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            So Cotto is overrated, but Williams is not? Not even a little? Don't get me wrong, I'm not starting a flame war, I just want a response. It just seems to me that the guy is getting a lot of respect and credit for someone who's never really been under the big spotlight and shown his worth.

hey *******, I mean Jose Cotto. do your research. how dare you? I mean HOW DARE YOU!?

Comment

hey *******, I mean Jose Cotto. do your research. how dare you? I mean HOW DARE YOU!?
              My mistake, I thought you meant Miguel Cotto. Didn't mean to offend you as I stated in my previous post. Back to the question though; you don't think that Williams is getting a too much respect for being a guy who hasn't really beaten anybody big yet? Not even a little?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                My mistake, I thought you meant Miguel Cotto. Didn't mean to offend you as I stated in my previous post. Back to the question though; you don't think that Williams is getting a too much respect for being a guy who hasn't really beaten anybody big yet? Not even a little?
                Hey, did I overhype him? no. I can only speak for myself. he ****ed up mattyhse. matthyse is going to fight cintron on that same day for the ibf strap. he ****ed up sharmba mitchell. so we at least know he is a contender. he'll be at least a contender for a while to come. my next point is that margarito been ducking this guy forever. did everything he could to not fight williams. since I started watching williams he has been calling out margarito and has been his mandatory. this fight has been a while in the making. I'll out it to you like this. if williams chose to be an olympic fighter. he would have won gold at whatever weight class and he would have been hyped 10 times more. he is soind it the hard way. the bernard hopkins way and the aaron pryor way. for that, I gotta give him 100 percent props. plus , dude throws 100 punches a round in his sleep. so if you want to say that he is overhyped. fine, but dont take anything away from him either.

oh and sorry about that, I was just trying to be funny. b4 i did think miguel was overrated, but his welterweight campaign has made me a believer.

Comment

Hey, did I overhype him? no. I can only speak for myself. he ****ed up mattyhse. matthyse is going to fight cintron on that same day for the ibf strap. he ****ed up sharmba mitchell. so we at least know he is a contender. he'll be at least a contender for a while to come. my next point is that margarito been ducking this guy forever. did everything he could to not fight williams. since I started watching williams he has been calling out margarito and has been his mandatory. this fight has been a while in the making. I'll out it to you like this. if williams chose to be an olympic fighter. he would have won gold at whatever weight class and he would have been hyped 10 times more. he is soind it the hard way. the bernard hopkins way and the aaron pryor way. for that, I gotta give him 100 percent props. plus , dude throws 100 punches a round in his sleep. so if you want to say that he is overhyped. fine, but dont take anything away from him either.

oh and sorry about that, I was just trying to be funny. b4 i did think miguel was overrated, but his welterweight campaign has made me a believer.
                  I too thought Cotto was overrated until I saw him campaign at Welterweight. As for Williams, I agree with a lot of what you said and I actually respect him even more for doing it the hard way. Bernard Hopkins is my favorite current fighter, before that it was Marvin Hagler. As you can see I have a track record of loving the guys who do it "their" way.

If Williams beats Margarito like so many are predicting, I too will be a believer.

Comment

he is a great talent

but i dont think he can deal with the shots margarito is gonna get on him

but in one of his interviews he said he was going to fight a diff style of fight vs margarito a style we havent seen of him

and if he does that and uses his height advantage then he could do damage

but hes a puncher at heart even if he comes out boxing i think margarito can bait him into a fight

i am a lil margarito biased but if i werent a margarito fan i think betting on margarito is where the smart money would go

Comment

Working...
                    X