No announcement yet.

Robert says Mikey vs Loma wont happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    You’ve been on here for a while, brother. Let’s think a little more critically than this. Let the youngins and the ones who can’t think beyond anything simple come to this conclusion.
    Mikey is one of the best boxers in the world and he can beat anyone at 135 or 140 I just want to see him taking tougher fights he could have easily been the one that stopped linares on Saturday instead he fought lipinets a guy who had no business being in the ring with Mikey at this stage of his career. Not to mention the talk of going up in weight and fighting guys like Spence he knows damn well spence would hurt him bad.

Comment

It never fails to irritate me when Ellie Sekbach interviews Hispanic people and he speaks in English....most of the people he interviews are native Spanish speakers and he has'nt bothered to learn Spanish. ........WHY????????, ps i dont mean Robert Garcia,im talking about his Dad and many other native Spanish speakers
      Last edited by muzzo; 05-14-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        Mikey is a damn good fighter and has a great chance of beating Loma, but yeah. I don't know how much he wants tough opposition. Loma wants the hardest fights without question. Mikey? I'm not so sure of that. Easter doesn't look like a hard fight for him. Broner didn't look like a hard fight. Lipinets didn't look 50/50 going in. If Mikey wants to be great, he's got to fight those 50/50 fights.

so who is a 50/50 fight for mikey from 130-140 besides loma?

Nobody

this fight needs to happen and its ppv worthy

3rd biggest fight in boxing behind wilder vs joshua and bud vs spence

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Bob has already dismissed the idea of even negotiating with Garcia. Fans are busy pointing fingers at one fighter or the other and entirely ignoring the fly in the ointment, Bob Arum. Anyone remember the excuses he gave about Mayweather?
          I'll take arum's side on this. He gives Lomachenko all the fights he wants the last two fights have been against fighters who are signed with rival promotors and he's had bad blood with both rigo and oscar yet he still got both fights signed. mikey and robert do nothing but talk tough and fight cream puffs and nobodies. mikey is also acting like a diva big time he needs to knock it off he's no top level draw like aj.

Comment

Any purse dorks around? Whats both guys making in their last 3 or so fights?

I've seen people mentioning Mikey is making more & that sound about right from what I recall seeing. If thats the case I think it'll be hard to make this fight. Arum isn't great at making fights where his guy is the B side & if what I suspect with the purses is true that makes Loma the B side here.

Comment

Arum said he's not negotiating because Mikey said he's loyal to Showtime. He said of Mikey wants to be loyal to Showtime then fine but leave him the **** alone.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                Mikey is one of the best boxers in the world and he can beat anyone at 135 or 140 I just want to see him taking tougher fights he could have easily been the one that stopped linares on Saturday instead he fought lipinets a guy who had no business being in the ring with Mikey at this stage of his career. Not to mention the talk of going up in weight and fighting guys like Spence he knows damn well spence would hurt him bad.
                I thought Lipnets put up a really good fight for someone so green.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                  I'll take arum's side on this. He gives Lomachenko all the fights he wants the last two fights have been against fighters who are signed with rival promotors and he's had bad blood with both rigo and oscar yet he still got both fights signed. mikey and robert do nothing but talk tough and fight cream puffs and nobodies. mikey is also acting like a diva big time he needs to knock it off he's no top level draw like aj.
                  Did you see those guys purses? Rigo made 400k. Do you really think Mikey’s gonna sign for 400k? Come on be serious. I don’t know what Lineras made.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Ellie asks about Loma vs Mikey and Robert says Arum wont let Loma fight under Mikey's card even if he could make more money.

This is what and some other posters i seen mentioned before. Loma is ESPN now and Mikey even though is "free agent" don't think he would fight on ESPN.

Might have to be PPV but this will be a hard one to make.

@1:14
                    We will knock lomachenko out but the fight will never happen because it has to be on our terms. Yup this fight won't happen anytime soon.

Comment

I personally think Lomachenko wants the fight to happen, but people around him don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X