Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlast MX Pro Gloves Now Banned in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Just Now Hit Me View Post
    I have a pair of 8 oz Everlast MX. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone; the padding is very flimsy. When you punch you can feel your knuckle connect with the heavy bag.

In contrast I have a new pair of 16 oz Everlast training gloves which are 100x better. The padding is really good. When you punch you feel protected.
    .................................................. .................................................. ....lol

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Mayweather changed the game
      This is something I cannot respect as a Mayweather fan. Commission approved them yet Floyd didn't allow him to use his gloves.

Comment

Brook is shook lol

Comment

I could careless. If fighters can only WIN with those type of gloves, then maybe they should be BANNED! WTF is the big deal? Good fighters can win in any pair of gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I could careless. If fighters can only with with those type of gloves, then maybe they should be BANNED! WTF is the big deal? Good fighters can win in any pair of gloves.
            So a popular "punchers glove" that has been around the sport for many, many years is something you're willing to just give up out of the blue, for no real valid reason?

Fighters get used to of wearing certain types of gloves, especially if they've grown accustomed to them.

You don't seem biased at all.

Comment

Inkayamba is banned in the U.K.

That's my n***a doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Damaged Petals View Post
                This is something I cannot respect as a Mayweather fan. Commission approved them yet Floyd didn't allow him to use his gloves.
                Well, Maidana didn't have to listen to Floyd. Floyd wouldn't have actually walked away from the fight the day before over the gloves; the blowback would have been catastrophic. Maidana agreed to use a different glove because he said he could beat Mayweather with any gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaged Petals View Post
                  So a popular "punchers glove" that has been around the sport for many, many years is something you're willing to just give up out of the blue, for no real valid reason?

Fighters get used to of wearing certain types of gloves, especially if they've grown accustomed to them.

You don't seem biased at all.
                  I couldn't tell you which fighters wear which gloves to be honest. I just think this is more B1TCHING from Today's Boxing fans who only care about their favorite fighters getting a advantage. Blaming gloves on losing a fight is Beyond Pathetic to be honest

Grant, Everlast, Reyes...Who gives a **** Gloves don't win fights, Fighters Win Fights!
                  Last edited by sicko; 06-14-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Well, Maidana didn't have to listen to Floyd. Floyd wouldn't have actually walked away from the fight the day before over the gloves; the blowback would have been catastrophic. Maidana agreed to use a different glove because he said he could beat Mayweather with any gloves.
                    Well it was rumored he got paid 6 figures to not use the gloves. I'd take the extra dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Now Hit Me View Post
                      I have a pair of 8 oz Everlast MX. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone; the padding is very flimsy. When you punch you can feel your knuckle connect with the heavy bag.

In contrast I have a new pair of 16 oz Everlast training gloves which are 100x better. The padding is really good. When you punch you feel protected.
                      Not trying to be a d1ck but why would you use any 8oz gloves for hitting a heavy bag? I actually jacked up a knuckle hitting the heavy bag with 16oz Everlast.

Comment

Working...
                      X