Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Main reason he isn't considered GOAT?
I agree with his friend: too much sexual desire 1 2.50%
Death of Cus D'Amato 16 40.00%
Lack of focus once becoming undisputed champ 4 10.00%
No excuses- he wasn't good enough to be GOAT 15 37.50%
Other (post the reason) 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2015, 02:48 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,739,051,954,721,467,138,048.00
Total Points: 11,739,051,954,731,466,358,784.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 

I voted that he just wasn't the greatest of all time. Period. He had some quit in him and it showed when he crawled around looking for his mouth piece instead of standing up to beat the count against Douglas. It showed again when he deliberately fowled out against Hollyfield instead of trying to win. It showed again when he stayed down instead of getting up in his fight with Lewis. He had a bully's mentality and he was a front runner. He was a great fighter but he lacked the mental toughness to be the greatest in or out of the ring. I don't think there are any come from behind wins on his record.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-09-2015, 02:57 PM #12
Contender

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Japanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 789,741,578,427,006,464.00

Excuses are like armpits, everyone has two and they all stink. Tyson was a bully who looked great when matched up against tomato cans and scared fighters, but always fell short against great fighters who weren't afraid to punch him back.

Tyson came along at the right time when the division was at its weakest. He was literally handed the title when he beat a hopeless Berbick and an old Holmes who took the fight on a few weeks notice. His biggest win in his entire career was a scared blown up cruiserweight in Spinks. Who else did he beat?

Tyson didn't lose to Doulas because he was having too much sex. That is a ridiculous and pathetic excuse. Most boxers have one kind of addiction or anther, and they fight through it. And don't tell me tyson was "past his prime" at 23 years old, lol.

No, Tyson lost because Buster Douglas was not afraid of him, and punched back at him. Same with Holyfield, Holyfield wasn't afraid of him, and punched back at him, and knocked his a$$ out.

When you stand up to a bully he backs the Fk down. Or he'll bite you in the ear to run away from you. Tyson was a coward and a bully who NEVER had what it took to be great. Stop making excuses for him, tyson was a grown a$$ man and he is responsible for his own decisions and failure.
Japanese Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM #13
Contender

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
RyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,930.39
cheers - Mike D 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Rad Dong View Post
Excuses are like armpits, everyone has two and they all stink. Tyson was a bully who looked great when matched up against tomato cans and scared fighters, but always fell short against great fighters who weren't afraid to punch him back.

Tyson came along at the right time when the division was at its weakest. He was literally handed the title when he beat a hopeless Berbick and an old Holmes who took the fight on a few weeks notice. His biggest win in his entire career was a scared blown up cruiserweight in Spinks. Who else did he beat?

Tyson didn't lose to Doulas because he was having too much sex. That is a ridiculous and pathetic excuse. Most boxers have one kind of addiction or anther, and they fight through it. And don't tell me tyson was "past his prime" at 23 years old, lol.

No, Tyson lost because Buster Douglas was not afraid of him, and punched back at him. Same with Holyfield, Holyfield wasn't afraid of him, and punched back at him, and knocked his a$$ out.

When you stand up to a bully he backs the Fk down. Or he'll bite you in the ear to run away from you. Tyson was a coward and a bully who NEVER had what it took to be great. Stop making excuses for him, tyson was a grown a$$ man and he is responsible for his own decisions and failure.
ummmmmmm, that's ridiculous lol
RyanjLarose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 PM #14
FEAR is a CHOICE

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
テarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond reputeテarless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,270,233,388.73
Total Points: 2,279,013,311.73
I wanted to give karma but was denied, some other greens perhaps - mathed You can swallow this one... - Nay_Sayer 

He may not have even been close to GOAT status in boxing but he's pretty damn close to the greatest all time entertaining fighter.. in and outside the ring! He's just all around entertaining & hilarious. "I'll fuck you til u luv me faggot!", "I wish yall had kids so I could kick em in the head and stomp on their testicles!"
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
"I want to fight a FKN GORILLA!" Still fkn hilarious to this day, and he embraces it!! IRON MIKE IS THE MAN.
テarless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:04 PM #15
Interim Champion

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond reputeYogi007 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,874.24

Don King was Tyson's downfall.
Yogi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:06 PM #16
Contender

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Japanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Badass has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 789,741,578,427,006,464.00

Not only is Tyson not the GOAT, he doesn't even deserve to be in the boxing hall of fame. Any man who would bite an opponent to save himself from getting knocked out is a COWARD, and doesn't deserve to be called a fighter. There are kids in my gym who have more heart than Tyson.

And don't tell me Holyfield was head butting him, replay clearly shows that Tyson initiated most of the headbutts in BOTH fights. He even tried to break evanders arm. No, tyson bit his ear because he knew Holyfield was a better fighter than him and was going to whoop him again. So he PLANNED to bite Holyfield's ear even before the 3rd round started. Tyson has all of you fooled.

Holyfield would have beat Tyson regardless of when they fought. Evander was simply the better fighter, Tyson was a one dimensional bully and cannot fight when being pushed backwards. In fact, Holyfield used to beat Tyson's a$$ in sparring when they were still amateurs. Because Holyfield was a man with character and was afraid of no one.

Cus would have been ashamed of him. But Teddy always saw through Tyson, and knew that he had no inner character.

Last edited by Japanese Badass; 02-09-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Japanese Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:12 PM #17
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Canelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,910,523,867,333,984,256.00
Total Points: 90,656,929,536,353,681,408.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV 
not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 
:luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D &quot;White Privilege&quot; Doe LoL - TyphoonFloyd 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I want that to be my "reason" for personal failures.
Canelo Phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM #18
Contender

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
RyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond reputeRyanjLarose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,930.39
cheers - Mike D 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Rad Dong View Post
Not only is Tyson not the GOAT, he doesn't even deserve to be in the boxing hall of fame. Any man who would bite an opponent to save himself from getting knocked out is a COWARD, and doesn't deserve to be called a fighter. There are kids in my gym who have more heart than Tyson.

And don't tell me Holyfield was head butting him, replay clearly shows that Tyson initiated most of the headbutts in BOTH fights. He even tried to break evanders arm. No, tyson bit his ear because he knew Holyfield was a better fighter than him and was going to whoop him again. So he PLANNED to bite Holyfield's ear even before the 3rd round started. Tyson has all of you fooled.

Holyfield would have beat Tyson regardless of when they fought. Evander was simply the better fighter, Tyson was a one dimensional bully and cannot fight when being pushed backwards. In fact, Holyfield used to beat Tyson's a$$ in sparring when they were still amateurs. Because Holyfield was a man with character and was afraid of no one.

Cus would have been ashamed of him. But Teddy always saw through Tyson, and knew that he had no inner character.
interesting points.....
RyanjLarose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:19 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Joe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,037,940.81

I agree with all the criticisms of Tyson inside the ring and out. He never came from behind to win; he's a thug, he's crazy. But at his best in 87/88 he was as good as anyone ever was. I just can't get around that. Put THAT guy in the ring against anyone and he's a force. He hit too accurately, and moved too fast and too well not be considered at the same level as Ali and anyone else you want to add. Would he have beat everyone? Probably not...no single fighter would beat everybody.

I don't think his "sex addiction" (also known as being a non-elderly male) had the slightest relevance.
Joe Beamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:29 PM #20
Splendiferous

Quoted: 4215 Post(s)
Sterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond reputeSterling Archer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 884,877,199,099,282,432.00
Total Points: 887,967,144,651,742,208.00
Not quite the curved TV but the best I could do. - Mike D Great poster - jas Hilarious - jas The GGG Robe 2/5 - EXTREMELY rare. Given to very few who show warrior characteristics. The robe has a beautiful silhouette of myself against the sunset holding LarryX by his legs and he is not moving... - Golovkin Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
(Comments Thread For: Cotto's Adviser Says...) well said! - -jose- Hilarious - jas For #1 cuck award - HiLo Rudyo! Second Place Cuck award - HiLo Rudyo! Dani Jenson is a goddess - Santa_ 
Great Post! - eco1 one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. exposing the &quot;media&quot; and their true virtue - Tago Nang Tago Cheers to a quality poster! - BombZquad For exposing the ______ oligarchy - Sup 
We did it!!! MAGA!!! - krazyn8tive You are boxingscene's very best poster - Freedom2111 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - HiLo Rudyo! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - anthonydavid11 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell View Post
ridiculous, Wilt Chamberlain wasnt affected with his romps. Bob Arum had an orgy in Manila and became the greatest promoter of all time.

dude wasnt good enough
you actually believe that a man who died childless, alone, unmarried, and was never seen off the court with a female by any of his teammates (according to bill simmons book of basketball) slept with 20,000 women?

people are so gullible.
Sterling Archer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
'sex, addiction, goat'?, mike, prevented, tyson's

User Tag List