No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Deserves More Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan Deserves More Respect

Does he "deserve" a shot at Floyd? Maybe.....maybe not...

But Khan gets far too much **** around here. Let's look at his career.

Gets KTFO by Prescott as a prospect. People still give him **** over this. Prescott is like Khan's Singsurat or Corrie Sanders. I never hear people saying Pacquaio needs to avenge the Torrecampo loss. Why the fuk hasn't Wlad given Ross "The Boss" Purrity a rematch ffs?

Khan moved up in weight and shut out Kotelnik....who later schooled Devon Alexander in his home town.

Went to Paulie Malignaggi's hometown and beat the **** out of him.

Fought Marcos Maidana - the biggest puncher in his weight class when most people said he would avoid him. Yes he was the mandatory but look at the recent example - QULLLIN - Khan didn't have to fight this guy but he did. And he dropped him like a sack of **** in the first round. Had an amazing fight and won.

Next he targets Tim Bradley for a unification. Whatever you want to say about Bradley's supposed "promotional issues", it doesn't matter. Khan WANTED that fight. He gave up 50% of the UK revenue. No one here knows who the fuk Tim Bradley is! Even now!

Bradley ducks so Khan fights the next available champion - Zab Judah. Wrecks him and tries to get Bradley again - nothing.

Faces his mandatory challenger - Lamont Peterson who refused to come to the UK even though Khan was champion. Khan goes to the challenger's home town! Gets deducted ridiculous points and loses a decision. Most people felt he won anyway and there was a man there who was literally HANDLING the scorecards. And he ADMITTED he wasn't supposed to be there. Wtf? No reverse decision....

Khan signs an immediate rematch and again gives up 50% of the UK revenue again! Peterson fails a drug test. Admits he was on PEDs in the first fight. So Khan was taking punches from a guy that was JUICED off his ****.....but people still register that as a legit loss!

Khan has been training for months from the UK to LA to the Philippines just to get mugged off by PEDerson. So what does he do? Take a soft touch? No....he chooses the OTHER CHAMPION in his division and the rest is history.

One of the only worthwhile things that Max Kellerman ever said was that , "Amir Khan does what boxing fans want a fighter to do and he pays the price for it".

Amir Khan is a skilled boxer and has quick hands and good footwork. That's about it.

Comment

And yeah I'm drunk. So what?!??

****s

Comment

I don't think many people hate him, it's just that UK fighters are so disproportionately hyped up that it's only fair that everyone overseas constantly berate and laugh at them to even things back to reality.

If he beats Devon then his recent resume almost mirrors but slightly exceeds that of Maidana's when he got the Floyd fight, so he will deserve a shot.

Comment

I think Khan is criminally overrated on here, at least as far as potential to be great is concerned. He is quick and has skills.... But he's just not suited for the pros. He's the opposite of someone like Froch. Khan IS a naturally talented boxer with natural ability. But his chin is among the worst in boxing history. He panics when he gets hit and he would of been a fantastic career amateur, but it ends there.

A guy like Froch has absolutely no boxing skill but hes tough as nail with a great chin and elite stamina.... That's how he made his career. Khan is the complete opposite.

I will say he has a chance and could/will beat guys like Alexander, or other top fighters who don't have great power and aren't good pressure fighters. He can beat almost of those.... But there is always gonna be someone who can and will take Khan's head off and derail his career again.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
            I don't think many people hate him, it's just that UK fighters are so disproportionately hyped up that it's only fair that everyone overseas constantly berate and laugh
            I see you and I raise you Shawnus Porter and Jeffrey Lacey

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
              I think Khan is criminally overrated on here, at least as far as potential to be great is concerned. He is quick and has skills.... But he's just not suited for the pros. He's the opposite of someone like Froch. Khan IS a naturally talented boxer with natural ability. But his chin is among the worst in boxing history. He panics when he gets hit and he would of been a fantastic career amateur, but it ends there.

A guy like Froch has absolutely no boxing skill but hes tough as nail with a great chin and elite stamina.... That's how he made his career. Khan is the complete opposite.

I will say he has a chance and could/will beat guys like Alexander, or other top fighters who don't have great power and aren't good pressure fighters. He can beat almost of those.... But there is always gonna be someone who can and will take Khan's head off and derail his career again.
              Who would you pick for Floyd-Khan? I pick Floyd.

Comment

A warrior who always wants to fight the best. He deserves respect, and is/was more entitled to a shot at Floyd than say, Guerrero or Maidana.

Comment

Yep, I have no idea what people have against him. He's an exciting fighter inside the ring and a likeable guy outside it.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  And yeah I'm drunk. So what?!??

****s
                  Drinking at this time? Early signs on alcoholism imo

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                  I don't think many people hate him, it's just that UK fighters are so disproportionately hyped up that it's only fair that everyone overseas constantly berate and laugh at them to even things back to reality.

If he beats Devon then his recent resume almost mirrors but slightly exceeds that of Maidana's when he got the Floyd fight, so he will deserve a shot.
                  His resume is already much better than Maidana's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Does he "deserve" a shot at Floyd? Maybe.....maybe not...

But Khan gets far too much **** around here. Let's look at his career.

Gets KTFO by Prescott as a prospect. People still give him **** over this. Prescott is like Khan's Singsurat or Corrie Sanders. I never hear people saying Pacquaio needs to avenge the Torrecampo loss. Why the fuk hasn't Wlad given Ross "The Boss" Purrity a rematch ffs?

Khan moved up in weight and shut out Kotelnik....who later schooled Devon Alexander in his home town.

Went to Paulie Malignaggi's hometown and beat the **** out of him.

Fought Marcos Maidana - the biggest puncher in his weight class when most people said he would avoid him. Yes he was the mandatory but look at the recent example - QULLLIN - Khan didn't have to fight this guy but he did. And he dropped him like a sack of **** in the first round. Had an amazing fight and won.

Next he targets Tim Bradley for a unification. Whatever you want to say about Bradley's supposed "promotional issues", it doesn't matter. Khan WANTED that fight. He gave up 50% of the UK revenue. No one here knows who the fuk Tim Bradley is! Even now!

Bradley ducks so Khan fights the next available champion - Zab Judah. Wrecks him and tries to get Bradley again - nothing.

Faces his mandatory challenger - Lamont Peterson who refused to come to the UK even though Khan was champion. Khan goes to the challenger's home town! Gets deducted ridiculous points and loses a decision. Most people felt he won anyway and there was a man there who was literally HANDLING the scorecards. And he ADMITTED he wasn't supposed to be there. Wtf? No reverse decision....

Khan signs an immediate rematch and again gives up 50% of the UK revenue again! Peterson fails a drug test. Admits he was on PEDs in the first fight. So Khan was taking punches from a guy that was JUICED off his ****.....but people still register that as a legit loss!

Khan has been training for months from the UK to LA to the Philippines just to get mugged off by PEDerson. So what does he do? Take a soft touch? No....he chooses the OTHER CHAMPION in his division and the rest is history.

One of the only worthwhile things that Max Kellerman ever said was that , "Amir Khan does what boxing fans want a fighter to do and he pays the price for it".
                    respek. you ride for your guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X