No announcement yet.

J'leon Love deserves some props

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J'leon Love deserves some props

How come no one is talking about the jleon love fight..

I can't stand the guy and am no fan of his, but he impressed me in that fight with periban..
    Say what you will about love, but he deserves props for keeping calm when he got hurt and cameback to dominant the fight.. That was ring maturity right before your eyes..

Love doesn't have a lot of fights and has been given his spot in the sport without really earning it, but i can't deny- the kid is being brought up the right way..
    Before PPv era, young fighters took tough journeymen fights for a year or 2 before fighting the ranked guys.. Now we have guys like wilder and Russell jr that are contenders without fighting anyone, and yes it helps the hype but ultimately stunts the growth of a fighter..
    Love over his last 5 fights has taken decent opponents, and may not have always looked good, but that learning curve is starting to pay dividends.. Love showed a lot of maturity in the periban fight, and that was from gaining experience fighting Simon, Findlay, rosado, etc... 5 fights ago, love would have been stopped by periban, but today, love has the experience to regroup and shut out periban down the stretch..

Huge props to love, and I wish other young fighters would follow suit and stay active and climb the ladder.. It's the best recipe for long term success in boxing.

lmfao he was getting the **** beaten out of him when i first turned the fight on. He finished well tho. just stay clear of some power punchers and he will be ok.

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Brian Vera next

Comment

Lmao
        The ref was gonna stop it and tossed periban on the canvas and then looked ar love and decided not to stop it and counted all slow.

Tmt gift

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          Lmao
          The ref was gonna stop it and tossed periban on the canvas and then looked ar love and decided not to stop it and counted all slow.

Tmt gift
          lmfao i saw that.

Comment

Because we know that elbow to the face that caused the cut made Periban mentally quit....the guy couldn't overcome the blood....If that had been a punch, Id give Love props. It was luck+ Periban crapping out.

Comment

Originally posted by LWO View Post
              I'd like to see him fight Brian Vera next
              Yes,, that would be a good fight

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Lmao

Tmt gift
              I won't deny that the ref was jacked up in the 5th rd.. All I'm saying is that the love that fought Findlay gets stopped soon after that, but love has gained enough experience to comeback and dominant that fight.. That was impressive, and only top level operators do that.. Not saying love is world class, but you can see his experience and mental toughness is much better than it was..

Comment

No Love for elbowing cheaters

No props.. he was about to get ko'ed until the ref acted like he was stopping the fight and then threw Periban to the floor and the next round he gave Periban an intentional elbow that cut him bad Periban wasn't the same after..Typical TMT special move I bet the teach that in there gym maybe there opponents will start asking for elbow pads like Mayweather biznitched about some padded gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  Because we know that elbow to the face that caused the cut made Periban mentally quit....the guy couldn't overcome the blood....If that had been a punch, Id give Love props. It was luck+ Periban crapping out.
                  Could have been love folding and quitting or going into a shell... He has learned a lot in his last few fights

Comment

He may grab a belt one day -because winning a title isn't as hard as it used to be- but I'm definitely not impressed.

His chin is questionable. He was out on his feet and came very, very close to get stopped against Periban. He got dropped against Rosado too and I thought he lost that fight. Periban and Rosado are tough, game fighters but you need to impress against this level of opposition. Think Thurman vs Soto Karass, Charlo vs Rosado, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X