Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you agree with the Mares stoppage, youmustagree with Steele stopping Chavez Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you agree with the Mares stoppage, youmustagree with Steele stopping Chavez Taylor

I was at the fight live, and we didn't know how much time was left on the clock. I just saw the replay, and at the time of the stoppage, there was 5 seconds left. The ref counted to three and didn't really give Mares a chance to get up. Had he allowed him to continue and get up, the bell would have rung and Mares would have had a minute to shake the webs.

Does anyone agree with the Mares stoppage while disagreeing with the Taylor stoppage? If so, why?

Fighters cannot be saved by the bell.

Comment

Refs usually aren't aware of the clock unless they're trying something corrupt to save a fighter.

Comment

Good stoppage he was gonna get wrecked in next round. Always liked Jhonny Jhonny Gonzalez.

Comment

I agree with the Mares stoppage but I don't agree with Steele stopping Chavez/Taylor.

Don't like it? Don't care.

Comment

I think Mares deserved the full count. Refs stop fights way to early nowadays.

I dont know if it would have changed anything but I feel like if the refs were this way even 10 years ago they probably would have stopped Corrales-Castillo and we wouldnt have seen that dramatic comeback.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$
              I think Mares deserved the full count. Refs stop fights way to early nowadays.

I dont know if it would have changed anything but I feel like if the refs were this way even 10 years ago they probably would have stopped Corrales-Castillo and we wouldnt have seen that dramatic comeback.

its not like back in the day. refs these days are poosies.

mares shouldve been given a full count.

Comment

It was an early stoppage. Referees should be more aware of the situation and should always give the full count before stopping a fight.

I also did not Like that I think after the first kd mares got up(after the 8 count) and was given over five seconds with the ref asking if he was okay to continue. I only saw it in real time, but it seemed close to ten seconds.

Comment

I actually disagree with Mares's stoppage but not with the Chavez stoppage. Mares was knocked down twice and hurt, but it was the first round, he wasn't taking a beating, so I think he deserved the chance to try to get up. He only needed 3 more seconds and if he was too hurt to continue then the ref could stop the fight.

I agree with the Chavez-Taylor stoppage because Meldrick took a massive beating during the final rounds and was badly hurt. He didn't just receive one hard punch that took him down, but a terrible beating that actually sent him to the hospital pissing blood. As soon as he got knocked down the fight was over, if he had taken one more punch he could've been killed.

Comment

IMO.... a little premature. Should have given the champ more of a chance to get up

Comment

Working...
                    X