No announcement yet.

Every Major Media Outlet had GGG Winning the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Ok, you're saying the judges don't have to discern 114-110 in power shots over a 12 round fight, they need to see who got the most power shots round by round. Correct?

in two of the 7 rounds, he outlanded GGG in power shots by 1. You honestly think a professional judge is going to score a round to Canelo because he landed 10 Power shots vs 9 to GGG in rounds 8 and 11?
    Yea I think judges are counting power punches during the fight. Mrs Byrd mighta actually been the compubox person + the judge. I heard she's part Jamaican so its not a crazy idea Jamaicans having 8 jobs at once & all.

Come the f#ck on man. I'm saying the power punches have a more dramatic impact that is hard for any of the judges to miss & therefore tends to "score" more with them. So yea sure a judge seeing GGG's head get kicked back 3 times vs Canelo's only 1 in those early rounds made those rounds his. And in the last few rounds when GGG's head got kicked back 4 or 5 times & Canelo's just twice or three times or whatever then yea Canelo's lags in offense didn't punish him as much as you might think after the judges saw that.

Do you even put thought into what your opinions are and what they look like once you put them down in a post?
    The funny thing is I'm merely saying the fight was close & I personally had it a draw, but could understand it being 7-5 either way easy & a 8-4 card GGG way isn't unreasonable either. Your the knucklehead who seems to think this fight could have only been given to GGG. I'm the actually being the logical & reasonable cat in this discussion & you the choking on Kazakhstan nuts for whatever reason over a close f#cking fight that either guy coulda gotten the nod in if you don't have balls in your throat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      May thought it was a close fight that is a clear win for GGG, that's why 90% of all boxing thought GGG won.

There is such a thing as close but clear winner and GGG was the clear winner in a close and competitive fight.
      I disagree many cards I saw were 115-113.

There's no way that one of the other rounds wasn't an either way round and that's all it takes to make it a draw.

I wouldn't say 90% of all Boxing either. I've spoke to quite a few people who think Canelo won and many people who think it was close enough to go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Sure he was effective in those middle rounds, but he wasn't at all early (I legit thought he was gonna sh^t the bed early he looked so awkward & un-GGG-like) & I thought Canelo out-effective aggressioned him in the last few rounds with his accuracy. My version of effective aggression requires landing punches not just jabs. GGG missed more punches than any fight he's ever had, just shy of 500 punches amazingly.

It was a close fight. I got no f#cking clue why some of you guys can't even admit that while most of you guys got it 7-5 GGG like its the 2nd widest 7-5 fight ever besides Bradley over JMM (another fight I think the Bradley fans are f#cking nuts on by acting like that was some landslide 7-5 Tim fight).

Not really a surprise doe. There are so many extreme boxing fans I'm used to the delusionalness of the average guy on a forum like this that thinks a guy is the #1 ATG fighter ever or a complete bum who should retire cuz no one can simply be the 8th best boxer or live in the grey area around the black & white that is all you guys can see.
        As far as I'm concerned your mentality is part of the problem, a draw or a win either way changes the WHOLE DECISION, as long as fans will cop that happening it will be dished out, there is a lot of things that could be done to at least reduce the chances of corruption creeping in but they do do anything, international judges from other country's, bring in 9 judges and pull 3 names out of a hat just before the bout, a panel to rate judges by actually scientifically seeing how close their score was to what it actually should be, but fans like yourself are happy to let the money fighters get a 3 round handicap, as much as I hate listening to atlas, he is very right about the judging being atrocious, no only in this fight but most big fights, if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          As far as I'm concerned your mentality is part of the problem, a draw or a win either way changes the WHOLE DECISION, as long as fans will cop that happening it will be dished out, there is a lot of things that could be done to at least reduce the chances of corruption creeping in but they do do anything, international judges from other country's, bring in 9 judges and pull 3 names out of a hat just before the bout, a panel to rate judges by actually scientifically seeing how close their score was to what it actually should be, but fans like yourself are happy to let the money fighters get a 3 round handicap, as much as I hate listening to atlas, he is very right about the judging being atrocious, no only in this fight but most big fights, if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem
          The problem is commissions & boxing at large is too up each others asses to realize they got a bs scoring system thats HIGHLY subjective.

If you wanna talk about fixing scoring I could speak on that all day. 10-8 for clear rounds, 10-9 for close rounds would help cuz all rounds won aren't created equal. Write in the rulebook for judges exactly what wins a round as specific as possible. Suspend & re-train judges after bad decisions based upon those changes I mentioned. Even adding a couple more judges & getting rid of any outliers + going with the majority would be good to.

As boxing is scored currently doe this was a close fight & as such it could go either way. Thats one of the flaws with this scoring system that has obviously problems with it that people ignore while b^tching every other month about robberies when there aren't rules strong enough to ever make a subjectively judged fight a robbery in any real way.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-18-2017, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            This reminds me of Marquez-Pacquiao III. The majority of the fans and media guys saw a guy win but some dumbass judges and a small vocal minority are rewriting the narrative to make their guy somehow the victor.
            It's literally only boxingscene posters.

Majority of youtubers, journalists and overall fans had Golovkin winning.

Boxingscene proving once again it's the absolute worst place to discuss fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              CompuBox ------> GGG landed about 50 more punches in the fight
              CompuBox ------> GGG landed more punches in 10 of the 12 rounds
              CompuBox ------> Canelo landed more power shots in 7 of the 12 rounds
              Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think that stat is being under discussed. As a bit of a punch stat dork one thing I've noticed for over a decade+ at this point is power punches>overall punches more often than not. Jabs aren't having the same effect on people viewing the fight as power punches that often look & are stronger + tend to kick back heads & make sweat fly wildly. That has impact with judges rightly or wrongly.
              There is a descrency in that stat between the round by round tally and total at the bottom. I'm not sure he landed more in 7 rounds.

Last edited by jaded; 09-18-2017, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                That stat is wrong. Check below (official punch stats) and you will see that Canelo landed only 4 more power shots in total of 12 rounds...so clearly he could not have landed more power shots in 7 of the 12 rounds.

D- trolling or I don't get the joke?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I disagree many cards I saw were 115-113.

There's no way that one of the other rounds wasn't an either way round and that's all it takes to make it a draw.

I wouldn't say 90% of all Boxing either. I've spoke to quite a few people who think Canelo won and many people who think it was close enough to go either way.
                  There are a lot of rounds that were close but clear GGG rounds. Canelo doing a flashy combo for the first 30 seconds then doing nothing while getting battered in the next 2 minutes isn't going to give him the round. That's why all credible media had sweeped 4-9 rounds easy with 10-12 going either way alms Canelo getting 2-3 while the first round was a draw. The eitherway rounds are 10-11-12, round 9 landing a big over hand right then allowing golovkin to trap him on the ropes and batter him is not winning strategy. They used the criteria of "Aggression" "Ring Generalship" "Clean and Effective punches" and "Defense"

Canelo absolutely failed in the first 2 criteria and his clean and effective punching where only spurts and sometimes landing one head snapping punches. Golovkin had better consistency in his effective punches and snapped Canelos head a lot of times also but his workrate and his effective aggression that had Canelo battered overrides Canelos flashy combos in the first minute.

This is absolutely easy to score. Which is why 80-90 percent of boxing had GGG winning. Being flashy doesn't make you win rounds nor does landing one good punch then do nothing for the next 2 minutes. Effective Aggression and consistency is what wins rounds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    D- trolling or I don't get the joke?!?!
                    Actually I since edit that post. There is a dependency between the bottom total power punches landed and the round by round figures. I'm not sure which is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      Actually I since edit that post. There is a dependency between the bottom total power punches landed and the round by round figures. I'm not sure which is right.
                      I'm seeing 114-110 total & 114-110 rbr on the BS version of this. Not sure if you got a different version (looks the same) or what cuz I can't really see your version its too small for me for some reason & won't enlarge enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X