Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Garcia Wants To Try Again? No Problem With Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Realizniguhnit - According to compubox Thurman outlanded DSG in 9 of 12 rounds

http://www.boxingscene.com/keith-thu...-stats--114258
    Yes but less accurate, As I said earlier Mayweather has landed less punches in more than 1 fight yet still won because of accuracy and ring generalship it's not all about the most punches landed 100% of the time.

Gotta realize I'm not debating whether Thurman won or didn't win but all in all he didn't mop the floor with Danny like you guys indicated at 1st

Comment

I'm fine with a rematch. It was a 2 point win over Danny, nothing more. Danny just needs to pull the trigger more, step up his game... do a few unpredictable moves for a change... be less conventional in his style. He's young enough to do this thing right on the 2nd try, but only if he cranks up his game a little.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        I'm fine with a rematch. It was a 2 point win over Danny, nothing more. Danny just needs to pull the trigger more, step up his game... do a few unpredictable moves for a change... be less conventional in his style. He's young enough to do this thing right on the 2nd try, but only if he cranks up his game a little.
        Thank you.......Thurman squeaked out a victory nothing more nothing less. They come in here acting like Thurman just thrashed Garcia.

I think they just hate his Dad so they find a reason to discredit Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Yes but less accurate, As I said earlier Mayweather has landed less punches in more than 1 fight yet still won because of accuracy and ring generalship it's not all about the most punches landed 100% of the time.

Gotta realize I'm not debating whether Thurman won or didn't win but all in all he didn't mop the floor with Danny like you guys indicated at 1st
          No it's not.

When Floyd lands less overall and wins, it was because he outlanded his opponent round by round.

Thurman outlanded DSG 9 rounds to 12.

It's not about accuracy, judges actually score some missed punches because they can't actually see 100% if they landed, and they don't have compubox there to see what landed or what missed. Hence Calzaghe-Hopkins, Calzaghe didn't land much, but it looked like he did in real-time, so he edged it.

Fights are scored round by round. So if Thurman outlanded DSG by only 17 punches, the fight was much more dominant than that number because KT actually outlanded him in 9 of 12 rounds, which is pretty much a wipe out to me. And Thurman even gave DSG the championship rounds as a gift.

Comment

No it's not.

When Floyd lands less overall and wins, it was because he outlanded his opponent round by round.

It's not about accuracy, judges actually score some missed punches because they can't actually see 100% if they landed, and they don't have compubox there to see what landed or what missed. Hence Calzaghe-Hopkins, Calzaghe didn't land much, but it looked like he did in real-time, so he edged it.

Fights are scored round by round. So if Thurman outlanded DSG by only 17 punches, the fight was much more dominant than that number because KT actually outlanded him in 9 of 12 rounds, which is pretty much a wipe out to me. And Thurman even gave DSG the championship rounds as a gift.
            Just walk away from it, man. The delusion is strong in this one. That dude reminds me of My Low Place who goes around defending Stevenson to no end. Pure delusion.

Comment

I'd rather see him fight the winner of Brook/Spence.

Comment

No it's not.

Total Punches Castillo Mayweather
                Landed 203 157
                Thrown 506 448
                Percent 40% 35%

Floyd won this fight on ring general ship alone with a little help from the judges
                Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 03-08-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Just walk away from it, man. The delusion is strong in this one. That dude reminds me of My Low Place who goes around defending Stevenson to no end. Pure delusion.
                  You know you loss the arguement when you get start resorting to name calling and presenting alternative facts at least dude keeping it 100 and we can agree to disagree people like you go off in a total different direction and try to turn it into a name calling match like we in grade school somewhere. We talking boxing and presenting our case not name calling trying to jump on someone because you all out of ideas so you can miss me with all that its pety you know what no more than say no mas and check out don't tell him what to do he's his own grown man/woman

There is nothing delusional about it. You think Thurman won by a wide wide margin and me I know the fact is he did not he won by maybe 2-3 rds top
                  Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 03-08-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    Thank you.......Thurman squeaked out a victory nothing more nothing less. They come in here acting like Thurman just thrashed Garcia. I think they just hate his Dad so they find a reason to discredit Garcia.
                    Oh yeah definitely the hate is heavy for Pops and his big mouth. Too bad Danny has to get hate for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Oh yeah definitely the hate is heavy for Pops and his big mouth. Too bad Danny has to get hate for it though.
                      I know I agree with everything you said. I think they just had one game plan (going to the body) and when that didnt work they started just waiting on Thurman.

Next time I think Garcia just needs to keep Thurman closer and walk to him and put the pressure on earlier force Thurman back more and let his hands go. I know it's easier said that done but it was disappointing to see the openings there for Danny to take and watch him just continue to wait on Thurmans next moves it allowed Thurman to think and hes already faster than Danny..

I'm pretty sure we will see a different Garcia after he watched himself on tape he realized man I was waiting on Thurman too much and it allowed him to dictate a little more until later in the fight..and so he will start sooner next time and let the hands fly.

I really don't think either man really pushed themselves in the fight after it was over they both seemed to have enough in the tank to go another 3-4 rounds with ease...So apparently they both played it safe to a degree
                      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 03-08-2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X