Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go back in time or live your current life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go back in time or live your current life?

This is more so for the posters that have a family of their own. wife and kids. if you have a choice to go back in time to a point where you felt your life was perfect or maybe you just wanna start all over as a kid again but if you choose this then what you have now such as your wife and kids will not exist. would you still choose to go back in time to re-live it or would to stay with what you have now and just be happy with it?

now for the posters that are not married yet or dont have any kids, if you have a choice to go back in time to any point of your life, would you do it? but if you choose this, then anyone you know such as your friends, cousins, brothers/sisters that came AFTER the point in time where you wanna go back to re-live it, will also not exist. would you still choose to do it or stay with what you have?

EDIT: you will retain ONLY the memory from the time frame where you choose to go back, this way you can re-do that situation YOUR WAY. anything AFTER that point, you will not remember anything. So with this being said, will you still choose to go back to re-live that time frame?

so for example, if you got into a car accident 20 years ago by running a red light and because of that, you're now handicap for life. so lets say you want to go back to that time frame to re-live it so that you will NOT run that red light so the accident will never happen and you wont be handicap.

BUT anything after this point, you will not retain any current memory of your life now. this way once you get pass the time frame where you want to go back to re-live it, you cant cheat to get the same thing you got now. this is why i said if you choose to go back then you'll lose anyone and anything you know that came after that time frame.
    Last edited by IceTrayDaGang; 06-05-2019, 09:04 AM.

Do you retain all your current knowledge or some of it or none of it?

If you retain some or all of your current knowledge it seems like its a definite yes for everyone cuz you could improve your overall situation in your life even if some other specific situations might be gambles. Thing is even if some specific situations might be gambles its possible your gamble could pay off better in one way or another a 2nd time around vs just being at risk of losing that outcome. Like maybe you cheated on your wife & while you are still together now its just not the same as it could've been if you didn't cheat. Now you could go back & either not cheat at all or be smarter about it & now your relationship thats good could be even better.

And if you just go back without any prior knowledge it seems like you just re-live things as played more than you make better decisions a 2nd time around cuz there was a reason you made all the decisions you made at the time that would likely fall right into place if you ran it all back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Do you retain all your current knowledge or some of it or none of it?

If you retain some or all of your current knowledge it seems like its a definite yes for everyone cuz you could improve your overall situation in your life even if some other specific situations might be gambles. Thing is even if some specific situations might be gambles its possible your gamble could pay off better in one way or another a 2nd time around vs just being at risk of losing that outcome. Like maybe you cheated on your wife & while you are still together now its just not the same as it could've been if you didn't cheat. Now you could go back & either not cheat at all or be smarter about it & now your relationship thats good could be even better.

And if you just go back without any prior knowledge it seems like you just re-live things as played more than you make better decisions a 2nd time around cuz there was a reason you made all the decisions you made at the time that would likely fall right into place if you ran it all back.
      nope you dont retain any current knowledge.. you're pretty much just going back to re-live that point in your life. maybe you did something wrong and want to go back to re-live it so you can do it different. maybe you wanted to ask this girl out in high school but didnt so 20 years later you wanna go back to re-live, or maybe you just wanna start all over as a kid, etc.

but like i said, if you choose this then anything and anyone you know that came after the time where you wanna go back will not exist, meaning you will lose all those people and if you go back in time, there is no guarantee that those people will exist in the future. (if that makes any sense). basically, you're going back to start clean.

Comment

Pick the scenario that is impossibly implausible...

Or the scenario that I currently have no choice in right now...

Compelling thread.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          nope you dont retain any current knowledge.. you're pretty much just going back to re-live that point in your life. maybe you did something wrong and want to go back to re-live it so you can do it different. maybe you wanted to ask this girl out in high school but didnt so 20 years later you wanna go back to re-live, or maybe you just wanna start all over as a kid, etc.

but like i said, if you choose this then anything and anyone you know that came after the time where you wanna go back will not exist, meaning you will lose all those people and if you go back in time, there is no guarantee that those people will exist in the future. (if that makes any sense). basically, you're going back to start clean.
          If you don't retain knowledge how would you know to do something different in the first place. You'd be working off the same info going back without prior knowledge. And that likely means you'd end up doing the same things you did in the past.

And if you decided to do this you wouldn't remember what you lost anyway so that doesn't even have value once you decided to "go back".

Comment

Wish I was born in the 80s.

Comment

You would definitely need to know where to land so that requires hindsight/foresight.

Comment

I'm really happy with where I'm at and I don't spend zero time wishing I could do anything different. I just look forward.
                Thank said, just based on movies, music, stories, the 70's looked like a pretty fun time.

Comment

Yeah life sucks wish I stuck with boxing when I was younger, wasted a lot of time doing nothing of use

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    This is more so for the posters that have a family of their own. wife and kids. if you have a choice to go back in time to a point where you felt your life was perfect or maybe you just wanna start all over as a kid again but if you choose this then what you have now such as your wife and kids will not exist. would you still choose to go back in time to re-live it or would to stay with what you have now and just be happy with it?

now for the posters that are not married yet or dont have any kids, if you have a choice to go back in time to any point of your life, would you do it? but if you choose this, then anyone you know such as your friends, cousins, brothers/sisters that came AFTER the point in time where you wanna go back to re-live it, will also not exist. would you still choose to do it or stay with what you have?
                    Im one of the few out of my friends who focused on my career and always worked 24/7 climbed the ladders and such.

Most of my friends settled down had kids or got married around early 30's. Out of like 10 of those, 1/2 are divorced and miserable and trying to relive our 20's and the other 1/2 just dont do anything because their kids take up all their time.

I personally never wanted kids, well especially at a young age, because I wanted to enjoy life, travel, make money, bang a ton of dimes and not be like one of these mid life crisis d-bags.

But over all Im not complaining and I'm happy I dont have to give some ex 1/2 my money and property and I dont have bastard kids I gotta pay child support for.

I think the way to do it is to get married or settle down late in life talking like earl 40's and get all the goals and bucket list out of the way in the 20's and 30's.

Comment

Working...
                    X