No announcement yet.

Prime Pirog would beat this version of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Pirog would beat this version of Golovkin

Might even KO him. It sucks that he retired due to back injury.

But he pulled out in 2012 August with a fake injury...

GGG basically ended his career without fighting him.

He knew he was about to KO'd!

Comment

Pirog vs GGG was about to happen in 2012 but he pulled out.

Comment

Pirog choose retirement over Golovkin. Do your homework.

Comment

I was a big fan of Pirog! It would've been a great fight! He in no way ducked GGG it was a legit back injury; he ruptured a disc if I remember correctly, he even vacated his WBO belt in order to take the GGG fight. I do believe GGG would've beaten Pirog, probably by a close but clear decision or maybe a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            Prime Pirog would beat this version of Golovkin

... while he didn't even fight "that version" of GGG... Well, OK...

Comment

Hahahaha, "this version".

Yeah, the 35 year old version that just beat the snot out of a prime P4P young buck like Candelita? Had the younger, faster boxer running for her life for 8 rounds eating jabs and right hooks like candy.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Hahahaha, "this version".

Yeah, the 35 year old version that just beat the snot out of a prime P4P young buck like Candelita? Had the younger, faster boxer running for her life for 8 rounds eating jabs and right hooks like candy.
                ... the 30-32 yo "version" of Pirog didn't want GGG (even if Pirog fought in the U.S. only once -- i.e. vs Jacobs)... back then they were both some "Euro bums" only...

Comment

Why are all these past good middleweights brought back in their prime for the express purpose of KOing the 35 year old GGG and only GGG? How would this prime Pirog do against other top middleweights like Jermall, today's improved Jacobs, Canelo etc. GGG has plenty of good middleweights to challenge him in real fights right now. He has a chance to actually win these real fights. He can never defeat these prime ghosts from the past in fantasy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    There's only been one version of GG.

Slow ass nobody.....Adama...... was catching him with LEAD RIGHTS!

Washed-up Kassim Ouma gave Golovkin his toughest fight to date.

Comment

Working...
                    X