Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a victory over Diaz solidify Crawford's greatness.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a victory over Diaz solidify Crawford's greatness.

Let's face it Crawford's resume is nothing special. But if he beats Diaz will he officially become top 5 p4p and will this place him amongst the greatest 140 pounders ever? I sure think it will. Diaz is fairly similar to Gatti so having him on Crawford's resume will be something special.

Diaz is solid. I think it will continue to validate Bud's P4P status but it's not going to put him in the top 3, nor will it satisfy the people who want to completely invalidate Gamboa and Postol wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Diaz is solid. I think it will continue to validate Bud's P4P status but it's not going to put him in the top 3, nor will it satisfy the people who want to completely invalidate Gamboa and Postol wins.
      Gamboa was naturally smaller and Postol was nothing special. Diaz, on the other hand, is like Gamboa 2.0. Plus he is a natural 140 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Gamboa was naturally smaller and Postol was nothing special. Diaz, on the other hand, is like Gamboa 2.0. Plus he is a natural 140 pounder.
        Considering Crawford fought Gamboa at 135, I'd value both of those wins over Diaz. Postol finishes and retires Matthysse
        but to NSB, he's nothing special. Memories are short here..
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-07-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

He needs a Garcia, Loma, or Broner to do that. Diaz doesn't do much for him. It's a lose lose fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            He needs a Garcia, Loma, or Broner to do that. Diaz doesn't do much for him. It's a lose lose fight.
            Loma is too small for Crawford. Garcia I can agree with but Broner wouldnt do much since he has already been exposed.

Comment

Bud's going to be fine...
              This fight helps a little...
              Crawford just needs to keep trucking and take whatever he can get... Eventually the big fights will come to him... Then if he's truely great, it will become self-evident...

Comment

Considering Crawford fought Gamboa at 135, I'd value both of those wins over Diaz. Postol finishes and retires Matthysse
                but to NSB, he's nothing special. Memories are short here..
                Took the words out of my mouth. Right before Crawford signed to fight Diaz posters on this site claimed he would duck him. Crawford signs to fight Diaz, now Diaz isn't ****. Boxing fans are bipolar.........

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  Took the words out of my mouth. Right before Crawford signed to fight Diaz posters on this site claimed he would duck him. Crawford signs to fight Diaz, now Diaz isn't ****. Boxing fans are bipolar.........
                  You could argue that Diaz is like a minnie Porter.

Comment

No, defeating Diaz doesn't seal a legacy for anyone. It keeps Bud in good standing, but he will need to find a top tier opponent at 147 to start talking greatness. Like three solid wins over opponents ranked in the top five. Thurman, PAC, Spence, Brook, etc. something tells me he will avoid Spence at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X