Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
    I think if oscar promoted Spence he could be a superstar. GBP would have 2 cash cows in their stable. Haymon has too many fighters to have them reach super-stardome. Not enough activity for exposure for his boxers.
    Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    That absolutely makes sense
    What stars has Oscar built?

Comment

De La Hoya has a crush, lol.

I have watched everything I could find on Leonard, he was a one of a kind fighter and showman with the IT factor so yeah not even close.

Spence is good but Leonard was an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        What stars has Oscar built?
        Canelo
        Mares
        Broner

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Oscar must be snorting that cocaine again
          And drinking too obviously..lol

Oscar is not a good promoter.

Comment

Who the heck said that
            Mr. Oscar Dela Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
              I think if oscar promoted Spence he could be a superstar. GBP would have 2 cash cows in their stable. Haymon has too many fighters to have them reach super-stardome. Not enough activity for exposure for his boxers.
              Who has Oscar De La Hoya developed since taking the helm of the company? lol

Alvarez was already a made star by the point Oscar took over, and there's been noting that Oscar has added to make Alvarez an even bigger star.

Haymon's model is messy, but it works out in the long run; test the guys out, fight the fights against each other, and "king of the hill" has the stage set to launch into superstardom.

Fighters keep as active as they want to be kept; between the 50 PBC TV dates (at least 15 fight cards between FOX, ESPN, SpikeTV) and Showtime putting up serious money, there are enough dates to be kept active if you want.

Comment

Canelo
                Mares
                Broner
                Where was Oscar during Canelo's biggest fight? Oscar didn't want Canelo to fight Floyd or Lara

Schaefer built those stars. Mares is on tape giving Schaefer credit.

Hopkins said Schaefer was the one running Golden Boy.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Canelo
                  Mares
                  Broner
                  Oscar had literally nothing to do with those three fighters getting over, lol

Comment

Errol will not be able to buzz or even stagger Brook............................................. .................................................. ..........................

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      De La Hoya has a crush, lol.

I have watched everything I could find on Leonard, he was a one of a kind fighter and showman with the IT factor so yeah not even close.

Spence is good but Leonard was an all time great.
                      Leonard had trouble with Duran and Hearts. Spence beats both easily due to size.

Comment

Working...
                      X