No announcement yet.

UK FANS: Research required for potential Khan v Brook in Nov 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK FANS: Research required for potential Khan v Brook in Nov 2017

I have been speaking with Asif Vali and Denis Hobson over the weekend, and they stated that both themselves and Hearn believe that Khan v Brook is a stadium fight, where the average ticket price would be £78/$98

However, in order to satisfy the purse demands of a fight in November, which will be too cold and wet to fight outdoors in the UK, the fight would need to be held in an indoor arena.

The two arena's in contention are the o2 Arena in London or Manchester Arena, which both hold around 21,000 fans. In order for the fight to hit the live gate minimum target of £7.5 Million / $9.38 Million, the average ticket price would need to be £357/$447 dollars.

This would mean the following approximate ticket prices based on o2 Arena:
    -Upper Deck Bronze - 6000 seats @£140
    -Upper Deck Silver - 4000 seats @£200
    -Middle Deck Silver - 6000 seats @ £400
    -Middle Deck Gold - 3000 seats @£480
    -Floor Seats Gold - 2500 seats @£600
    -Floor Seat Platinum - 300 seats @ £750
    -Ringside VIP Hospitality - 200 seats @ £1100

Will boxing fans be willing to pay approx £140 for entry level seating?

If the answer is no, then that will mean that Sky Sports Box Office (PPV) price would need to increase from £19.99 advance to around £24.95 advance or £29.95 on the day.

I personally believe that those ticket prices are ridiculously high for the upper deck seating and that a PPV price of £24.95 will price out a lot of the casual fans.

Please comment on whether you guys would be willing to pay these sorts of prices (Hearn, Vali will use this as a barometer to see if a November fight is feasible)

tell eddie hearn i said hes a ****......

Comment

Looks like Hearn got the Mexican fever. Alvarez vs Chavez Jr. Brook vs Khan, why not. UK stylee, ££££££££

Comment

Idk that Khan wants that fight any time of the year for the purse he'll likely receive the way he talks so idk if any of that stuff matters. But I appreciate the in-depth analysis and take on a relevant subject for big fights getting made in the UK.

Comment

What about the millenium stadium in Cardiff? that has a big capacity and a roof in case it rains.

Either way I think Khan will rather fight the winner of Garcia-Thurman in November, especially if it's Garcia. I remember that Asif Vali guy saying they had big plans for November and it didn't sound like Brook was part of it.

That then leaves it until summer of 2018, but that's if Brook even gets past Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            What about the millenium stadium in Cardiff? that has a big capacity and a roof in case it rains.

Either way I think Khan will rather fight the winner of Garcia-Thurman in November, especially if it's Garcia. I remember that Asif Vali guy saying they had big plans for November and it didn't sound like Brook was part of it.

That then leaves it until summer of 2018, but that's if Brook even gets past Spence.
            From what I have heard, 65/35 split has been verbally agreed for a fight in November, subject to both fighters winning in their April/May fights and both fighters minimum guarantees being met. Brook will fight a tuneup at 154, and Khan will fight a tune at 147. It could potentially be on the same card in the UK. The two would then meet at 147 in November.

Comment

The tickets will be labelled half that and sold to Stubhub and sold at those prices you've posted, that's how Hearn rolls.

And this ain't trolling, this is it you think these events sell out in seconds ? The events aren't in fact sold out at all, the tickets are held by Stubhub to begin with, it's all a huge scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
                From what I have heard, 65/35 split has been verbally agreed for a fight in November, subject to both fighters winning in their April/May fights and both fighters minimum guarantees being met. Brook will fight a tuneup at 154, and Khan will fight a tune at 147. It could potentially be on the same card in the UK. The two would then meet at 147 in November.
                To be honest I think you pulled that right out of your **** cavity, also I doubt you spoke to Vali but I mainly posted just to point out it could happen at the millenium stadium.

Comment

No one is going to pay £140 for an entry level seat. I don't know if you've heard but the UK economy is on meltdown following BREXIT and the majority of Brits are living on soup, they can barely afford food up in the North, the poor bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    No one is going to pay £140 for an entry level seat. I don't know if you've heard but the UK economy is on meltdown following BREXIT and the majority of Brits are living on soup, they can barely afford food up in the North, the poor bastards.
                    Lool, they can afford the iPhone 7's and £120 Airmax 95's , but would rather live of chips and beans on toast.

Comment

Working...
                    X