Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People should think about jeff lacy when they hype up errol spence...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got to laugh at this thread. The only similarity would be the hype which we have seen plenty of times already over the last 10 years, Garcia (Matthyse), Maidana (Khan), Hopkins (Pavlik) just to name a few. And yeah they are both black.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I've long criticised Joey Caz for fighting Jones but although the Hopkins fight was the worst I've seen (winky v bhop is second) Calzaghe was fighting the top light heavyweight on the planet. I dunno how you or anyone else can deny that.

Plus, I'm just relaying to you what happened. You don't have to like it but it doesnt make it untrue.
      i don't deny he fought hopkins...or that hopkins was good. i'm denying that he won. he looked like an amateur who was swinging at air and running into counters. that's why he was degraded.

Comment

Speaking of hype, has Errol spence ever been interviewed or seen speaking before?

Comment

Nobody is really hyping up Spence, we just want to see him fight the top guys which is exactly what Errol himself wants to do.

Comment

I find it....amusing that people find a way to hate on a kid that literally just wants to fight all the best fighters and unify his division. But, support other fighters trying to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              I find it....amusing that people find a way to hate on a kid that literally just wants to fight all the best fighters and unify his division. But, support other fighters trying to do the same.
              That's what I don't get neither, have never seen him interviewed before, never heard him talk about himself like he is hyping himself up, I heard other boxers talking about him more than I have ever heard from him. It looked like he just wants to let his hands do the talking. So I can't see any reason for any hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Speaking of hype, has Errol spence ever been interviewed or seen speaking before?
                This is true.

Spence could be a mute for all I'd know.

Hype has to be the most overused word in boxing. And it is really true anyway. Promoters are crap and don't really 'hype' anyone. I think now it just means a guy we've heard.

Joshua is 'hyped' nicely by Hearn and Sky.

Lacy was properly hyped though. It is a shame that doesn't happen more.

Guys like Keith Thurman should be built up to be absolute monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Nobody is really hyping up Spence, we just want to see him fight the top guys which is exactly what Errol himself wants to do.
                  This right here.

We just want him to get the chance he has put himself into mandatory position for.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Stopped reading at Similar styles..... what on earth convinced you that they are similar apart from being black American and undefeated, delete that part so you don't look foolish.
                    good post, spot on and nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      Similar styles, both incredibly hyped at the point where they were demolishing fringe world level fighters. When lacy stepped up and fought a true world class fighter who didnt stand in front of him with his chin hanging out in the air, he got found out.

In fact lacy was a favourite against calzaghe, whereas spence in the prospective bookies odds is the underdog against brook.

I remember 'the new mike tyson' was the phrase with lacy, as he was blasting out these durable fighters, in better fashion than others had beat them (sound familiar?). People couldnt see how fighters would be able to cope when lacy started stringing his combos together. Boy did they get a rude awakening...

The lesson here, is that you shouldnt hype these offensive fighters, however good they look destroying B/C level opposition. Youve got to see how they do against an intelligent fighter who can fight back and wont stand in front of them.

I think people are really getting carried away with him demolishing algieri, someone who literally had no power whatsoever to stop spence in his tracks when hes coming forward. And bundu was an old man who lost every round to thurman, really is bizarre how beating them two has got this guy hyped so much.

Spence could well turn out to be the real deal but i think the hype machine needs to slow down a bit... People seem absolutely certain he'd blitz proven world level fighters, apparantly bradleys scared of him too now i was reading earlier today, and saw someones sig saying hes the heir to ray leonard, floyd mayweather etc lol, steady on guys...
                      Spence must be about something, Brook won't have any.

Comment

Working...
                      X