No announcement yet.

rivals in the ring respect and friendship outside it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivals in the ring respect and friendship outside it

can you name fighters that have had classic fights yet were either friends or came to the others aid personally

I will start off by max schelling coming to joe louis aid when louis needed financial help they engaged in two brutal fights one were max bravely took punishment while timing louis lowering his guard with right hands to stop joe who was a clear favorite in 12 rounds louis granted max a title shot and in one of the greatest displays of offensive boxing went right after max and exact revenge for his earlier loss

please bring forward other examples if you can think of any

Mikkel Kessler and Joe Calzaghe have become great friends since their 2007 clash in Wales.

Also Kessler and Froch are good friends today.

Short clip from a recent award show in Denmark, where Kessler talks about life in retirement. Suddenly Calzaghe comes up from behind... and you can see from Mikkel's reaction, that it wasn't staged:
    http://www.dr.dk/sporten/boksning/vi...mel-modstander
    Last edited by Bundana; 01-26-2016, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Gatti and Ward became good friends.

Comment

I saw some footage from Tyson's reality show where it looked like he was pretty friendly with Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Gatti and Ward became good friends.
          That's the first one I thought of. I remember that Simon Brown and Maurice Blocker were very close and it was weird watching Brown knock him out and embrace him afterwards.

Comment

Frazier & Ali!

Look it up!

Comment

Tunney and Dempsey seemed to have a lot of respect for each other

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                That's the first one I thought of. I remember that Simon Brown and Maurice Blocker were very close and it was weird watching Brown knock him out and embrace him afterwards.
                I saw that fight live and rember reading an article about about ther friendship as prospects. Very good fight and Simon was relentless

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Yea that fight was weird. They were actually best of friends going into the bout. Brown cried after knocking him out. Money talks and they put their friendship aside to make that money.

Comment

Robinson and Lamotta.I don't know if they were friends but I know that they had a great amount of respect for each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X