Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady "GGG" Golovkin good for the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course he's good for the sport....PERSONAL feelings aside, dude can fight and he doesn't come across as a dickhead....he's cool!!...he's STILL avoiding Ward though...no matter how you try to slice it

Comment

What a stupid question. Red K worthy.

Comment

golovkins horrible for boxing, hes knockin everybody out left and right. soon hes gonna wipe everyone out in boxing. the sport will be wiped out by his lefts and rights.
        gg is a no-good boy. gg baaaaaaad booooy

Comment

In what way is a KO artist with charisma a bad thing for boxing?

Unless you personally don't like the guy, that's a you problem. For the business of boxing, it's a great thing.

Comment

Still up for debate. So far he is just like every other boxer, he is in it for the money which is fine by me, and going for the lower risk high reward fights like every other fighter that fans complain about. What's not fine is his fans and the media alike portraying him as something else. If I went into boxing it would be for the money and I once get to the point where I can actually fight for millions of dollars I would definitely do it, I would fight the guys who make me the most millions. He is not out here to prove anything, he's not out here to beat Lara, or Ward, or do anything crazy like move up 8lbs. He is strictly here to fight the most famous guys he can fight and make his money and get out. Nothing wrong with that, just call a spade a spade.

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" - Teddy Atlas

Comment

He's great for the sport, he's knocking every bum out left and right, just like Butterbean did.

Plus look at his PPV numbers, he's clearly in demand by fans.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He's great for the sport, he's knocking every bum out left and right, just like Butterbean did.

Plus look at his PPV numbers, he's clearly in demand by fans.
                Co-sign. I was gonna respond to a couple other posters, but you summarized both points well.

Comment

In terms of fighting style? he is great for the sport... the rest? meh he isnt any different from every other boxer over the last century.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Still up for debate. So far he is just like every other boxer, he is in it for the money which is fine by me, and going for the lower risk high reward fights like every other fighter that fans complain about. What's not fine is his fans and the media alike portraying him as something else. If I went into boxing it would be for the money and I once get to the point where I can actually fight for millions of dollars I would definitely do it, I would fight the guys who make me the most millions. He is not out here to prove anything, he's not out here to beat Lara, or Ward, or do anything crazy like move up 8lbs. He is strictly here to fight the most famous guys he can fight and make his money and get out. Nothing wrong with that, just call a spade a spade.

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" - Teddy Atlas
                    Can't give you any more green.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
                      Um and this thread is ****ing stupid.

Of course GGG is good for the sport
                      I agree with you, In a way this thread is stupid. Its like stating the obvious..

Comment

Working...
                      X