• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    ITT: Conservatives throwing a party over people dying

I'm glad for you guys
    No one's throwing a party.

We're using statistics to try and educate the ignorant on the problems that decades of Democrat leadership brings. It's warning people not to repeat Chicago's mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      So why then do the places the guns are coming from not have high homicide numbers like Chicago?
      Why would I know the answer to that ? Would require a lot more info than I have read to adequately explain the trends in homicides in Chicago.

Perhaps a better question for the city of Chicago to answer is what made the homicide rate so much lower in the late 90s through mid 2010s in the first place, and what might be pushing them back to the levels experienced in the early 90s and earlier? Their current murder rate is by no means a record for the city, or even particularly unusual historically, but it is still troubling enough a spike upwards to ask these questions.

Alternatively, they could also look to learn from other large cities like NYC, in which basically all categories of crime (including homicide) have been plummeting for decades

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...en-us-city.pdf

But these statistics do not support whatever agenda you're pushing, so I expect no response to my comment. Nice chatting anyway.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-23-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

police brutality ruining the country doe....

Comment

Chicago has an incredible low murder rate outside that one main area where all the banging is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Chicago has an incredible low murder rate outside that one main area where all the banging is going on.
            http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/homicides

You'll find here a detailed map also...

Comment

Why would I know the answer to that ? Would require a lot more info than I have read to adequately explain the trends in homicides in Chicago.

Perhaps a better question for the city of Chicago to answer is what made the homicide rate so much lower in the late 90s through mid 2010s in the first place, and what might be pushing them back to the levels experienced in the early 90s and earlier? Their current murder rate is by no means a record for the city, or even particularly unusual historically, but it is still troubling enough a spike upwards to ask these questions.

Alternatively, they could also look to learn from other large cities like NYC, in which basically all categories of crime (including homicide) have been plummeting for decades

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...en-us-city.pdf

But these statistics do not support whatever agenda you're pushing, so I expect no response to my comment. Nice chatting anyway.
              Isnt the Chicago murder rate just another part of the US heroin epidemic, probably some correlation between that graph and the heroin problem.

Chicago gangs fighting over heroin distrubution

Comment

Why would I know the answer to that ?
                Don't worry, no one else has ever answered it either.

And I've asked it to many, many people who blame guns from outlying areas for Chicago's violence.

That should tell you something.....

No matter how the numbers in Chicago ebb and flow, the violence and murder there are always higher than the areas outside Chicago that you guys blame for the guns.

And thus we're back to the simple question you have no answer to.

So you're wrong, I responded.

And I have no agenda. Just a simple question that stumped you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Don't worry, no one else has ever answered it either.

And I've asked it to many, many people who blame guns from outlying areas for Chicago's violence.

That should tell you something.....

No matter how the numbers in Chicago ebb and flow, the violence and murder there are always higher than the areas outside Chicago that you guys blame for the guns.

And thus we're back to the simple question you have no answer to.

So you're wrong, I responded.

And I have no agenda. Just a simple question that stumped you.
                  I'd like to note that you did not demonstrate it to be a result of gun control, as you are suggesting. So basically you are celebrating over a Gotcha! game. Congrats, I guess.

By suggesting itt that it is inherently a democratic issue when there are other largely democratic cities not experiencing this wave of violence, you are not only showing that you do not know the answer to your own question but also exposing the laziness of your own thought process.

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Isnt the Chicago murder rate just another part of the US heroin epidemic, probably some correlation between that graph and the heroin problem.

Chicago gangs fighting over heroin distrubution
                  Sounds like a possibility. I don't know much about heroin in chicago in the 60s-90s doe
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-23-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I'd like to note that you did not demonstrate it to be a result of gun control, as you are suggesting. So basically you are celebrating over a Gotcha! game. Congrats, I guess.

By suggesting itt that it is inherently a democratic issue when there are other largely democratic cities not experiencing this wave of violence, you are not only showing that you do not know the answer to your own question but also exposing the laziness of your own thought process.

Sounds like a possibility. I don't know much about heroin in chicago in the 60s-90s doe
                    MY God! Brometheus laid it down heavy on 1bad65.

1bad- throw up the white flag!

Comment

You know the risks when you get in the game,because for me and guys like me the hustle never ends. It's just part of the street life experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X