Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager: If Vegas Wants Wilder-Joshua, It'll Be There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I agree as aesthetically for fights I don't get the appeal with Vegas. I know the money is there. But as an event it looks dull as fook.

Even that Mayweather/McGregor fight was really naff when it actually came down to the production considering the money on the line, even the lighting is shit - I wonder if there is a reason for that health and safety or whatnot. If you compare McGregor's UFC entrances to his Vegas one. He has green lights, the foggy dew plays, and then that Notorious track. It's cool. As a second generation Irish person I like it - it gets me going a bit.

The entrances to that Mayweather and Conor honestly felt like when you've stuck out a club to the bitter end and they actually turn the lights on as the last song is playing.

I never want to go and see a fight in Vegas personally.
    The only Vegas fight with a great atmosphere in the past 10 years was Mayweather-Hatton.

Comment

Wow the fight will be wherever team joshua decide like everything else wilder is just your average fighter were aj is the star the £70m this fight will make will all be threw joshua they need to get on there knees and beg for 35% and be lucky if josh gives them that and fight will be in uk infront of 90k fans

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Big Baby Miller would be fun. And Whyte vs Wilder would be cool in the UK too.
        I just had a look at Miller Washington, yes he looks the part, has a good back-story and he's aggressive, could be a good match-up.

I'd be interested in Whyte Wilder, mainly because Whyte for all his faults is a gutsy guy and would have a go. I think Wilder beats him and if he does it convincingly then throws the gauntlet down to Joshua it would definitely help the guys promoting the fight over here.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
          you mean a place where 60 got shot dead and over 500 wounded?
          You have got to be the biggest piece of shi.t ever. A lot of parallel could be drawn from your country as well but jeez at least have some decorum and sensitivity to other's misfortune.

Comment

Imagine 90`s. Now imagine Joshua and WIlder in 90`s. You can`t. They can`t be even contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              The only Vegas fight with a great atmosphere in the past 10 years was Mayweather-Hatton.
              Just seems too sanitised. I guess that's what happens when its a $1000 for a bang average ticket or whatever it is. Prices out the people who love the sport for what it is.

If you can get thousands of pissed up Mancs to pay that for a ticket then yeah will generate a racket, lol. Those lads must have been on Pot Noddles for a month after that fight, ffs.

I think Joshua would have a similar following. Just a smaller amount of the people that always go to his fights.

Not for me though. I honestly don't think I could afford it.

From a British fight fans perspective. Ignoring our yank cousins. It's nice to have the fights here. All of them. It helps the game here.

I am assuming at some stage AJ goes over there. Unless he gets ironed out a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Does the UK have an equivalent to Las Vegas?
                Yeah, Blackpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  You beat the Black version of ButterBean and you are demanding the shots don't work that way Deontay
                  You are mad, he has a title and had it before AJ Las Vegas is the mecca of Boxing. I am from England, if Joshua dont go he is a chicken or on steroids

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    It should be in the U.K...
                    I've been debating this with Ehrmahauut.

AJ/Wlad-huge event-90k in Wembley -$53 million live gate

Floyd/manny-huge evnt-17k in vegas-live gate $74 million

You get a bigger crowd in England but more $$$$ in Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I've been debating this with Ehrmahauut.

AJ/Wlad-huge event-90k in Wembley -$53 million live gate

Floyd/manny-huge evnt-17k in vegas-live gate $74 million

You get a bigger crowd in England but more $$$$ in Las Vegas.
                      The live gate for AJ/Vlad was $9 million. Had an average ticket price of $100.

The fighters split around $40 million. Idk where you got the $53 million number from lol

Comment

Working...
                      X