Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most boring boxer out of these proclaimed 'boring' boxers'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    It's John Ruiz, by far.
    John Ruiz was built for MMA since he like to hug so much

Comment

For me:

1. Ruiz (his fight with Rahman has got to be the all-time dullest fight)

2. Mayweather

3. Ward

4. Hopkins

5. Klitschko

Comment

Andre Ward - one of the most boring and overrated cheaters in recent boxing history.
        Chris Byrd - he was in exciting fights?
        Floyd Mayweather Jr - Early in his career? no. 'money' mayweather? yes
        Fury Brothers - very very boring to me, a huge amount of pitty pat jab's and clinching
        Guillermo Rigondeaux - boring, but skilled and doesnt clinch every 5 seconds and cheat like ward.
        John Ruiz - the main memory i have of Ruiz is him getting obliterated by Tua in 10 seconds, so that was very entertaining to me
        Lennox Lewis - doesnt deserve to be on the list, in tons of exciting fights and usually KO'd his opponent.
        Terence Crawford - desnt deserve to be on the list, BUT he should of KO'd postol, he was hurting him with jabs but instead of getting the finish on a huge platform he went for the easy option of coasting to a decision, you dont become a star with that mentality.
        Wladimir Klitschko - Boring, but got the KO's, clinching was unbearable in the povetkin fight. and like Ward relied heavily on the clinch. however in the Joshua fight he didnt clinch at all, huge credit for that.

btw the furys are not brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          I like Rigo but how do you say that Ward is your most boring and Rigo your 2nd most exciting? Have you even watched any of their fights?
          And Klit most exciting? LOL.
          I have watched all of their fights. Andre Ward is a cheater who relies on using illegal moves to win nearly every one of his fights against every elite level opponent. Tactics such as headbutts, low blows along with holding and hitting are the norm for Andre Ward. Not to mention, he rarely damages his opponents or stops them. His lack of offensive skills and punching power are in question as a result

On the other hand, Guillermo Rigondeaux rarely has to degrade himself to that level. He wins his bouts using nothing but clean / legal boxing most of the time. His win over Donaire (an elite level opponent) is more impressive than any of Andre Ward's win over any of his elite opponents. Why? Because he beat Donaire more convincingly by losing fewer rounds than Ward did against any of his elite opponents. It also wasn't a controversial bout or a controversial victory. He also landed punches that were actually damaging and effective, rather than pity patty taps that Ward usually throws with horrible technique for generating power. Hence, Rigondeaux actually damaged Nonito Donaire's face after the fight was over. Whilst Ward rarely inflicts any damage to that extent on his opponents. So I don't see why I couldn't find Ward boring and Rigondeaux exciting when they are significantly different as boxers.

As far as Wladimir Klitschko is concerned, he like Rigondeaux, has not only defeated elite opposition with clean boxing, but has also destroyed them, all of which was done whilst barely getting hit or losing rounds in the process.

Wladimir Klitschko's ability to not get hit = better than Andre Ward's. Therefore, Wladimir Klitschko has a better defense than Andre Ward.

Wladimir Klitschko's ability to inflict damage upon his opponents = better than Andre Ward's. Therefore, he has a better offense than Andre Ward. Which is evident by his significantly higher knockout percentage and quantity.

Wladimir Klitschko loses fewer rounds = evidence that he is a more dominant boxer who wins his bouts more convincingly and by a bigger margin than Andre Ward does.

Therefore, all of that adds up to Wlad simply being a better boxer than Andre Ward.

The reason why I find both Wladimir Klitschko and Guillermo Rigondeaux entertaining is because: both not only rarely get hit or lose rounds, but they also destroy their opponents most of the time, either getting a stoppage in the process or having their opponent's body / face physically damaged.

So for me, the most entertaining boxers are:

Boxers who rarely get hit but also inflict highest amount of damage upon their opponents. Andre Ward simply doesn't fall under that category!
          Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 11-02-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            Lennox and Crawford are considered boring? GTFOH
            Not according to me. However, they are according to many others. That's why they're in the list.

Comment

almost went with bhop.

john ''the garbage man'' ruiz redefined boring. to his credit, he wasnt afraid hug anyone !

Comment

Some of these guys are not boring at all IMO, Lewis, Crawford to name two.

I picked Hopkins, marginally over Andre Fraud.

Hopkins fights would put me to sleep despite copious quan****** of cocaine, whiskey and kinky women.

Comment

Klitchko, Ruiz and Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Only Lara has made me turn off
                    This. Most boring fighter by a long way followed by the McDonnell bros.

Comment

Working...
                    X