Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where stores do u guys buy ypour shoes from? (almost had anxiety attack)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] where stores do u guys buy ypour shoes from? (almost had anxiety attack)

i haven't bought shoes in an actual store for many many years due to crippling social anxiety but i am finally going to overcome this fear and buy myself some shoes in the store. i can't rely on buying stuff online for the rest of my life as it's not sustainable.

but what stores carry good shoes like nike and asics and maybe adidas?

i went to shoe city the other day and they didn't even have asics even tho their website said they carried them. and it was a very awkward experience the stupid sales people kept following me around asking me if i needed help and one of the salespeople was kinda hot so that made me even more nervous. i felt like i was on a used car lot. why can't they let you look around for your own damn shoes and only help if they are asked?? and then when i finally found a pair i wanted to try on, i sat down on one of those chair things and they stood there all watching me as i tried on the shoes. i mean wtf, leave me alone as i try on shoes for **** sake! i walked out of the store all sweaty and on the verge of a panic attack.

DO NOT SUPPORT SHOE CITY!

You should get a job where you are forced to socially interact. This will help with your social anxiety. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      You should get a job where you are forced to socially interact. This will help with your social anxiety. I promise.
      not true, this does not help at all! it just makes you extremely irritated and drained/tired at the end of the day. too much social interaction is the worst thing that can happen to someone who is has social anxiety disorder.

Comment

Lmao, next time just start bashing your phone over your own ****ing head

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          not true, this does not help at all! it just makes you extremely irritated and drained/tired at the end of the day. too much social interaction is the worst thing that can happen to someone who is has social anxiety disorder.
          How do you know? Have you tried for at least few months? It will become normal approaching strangers and having the ease to start random conversations and think less about yourself in the situation and what they may or may not be thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            Lmao, next time just start bashing your phone over your own ****ing head
            i dont get it
            How do you know? Have you tried for at least few months? It will become normal approaching strangers and having the ease to start random conversations and think less about yourself in the situation and what they may or may not be thinking of you.
            i have had a few jobs with tons of social interaction and it's physically draining. did nothing to ease the anxiety.

Comment

Just go to warehouse shoe stor or wss for short. It's set up as an outlet where all shoes and their sizes are accessible for patrons. You can practically try on any shoes without talking to any salesperson. Bring a school ID and they give you 10% off. I haven't been in school for 8 years but I always have my school id in my car just so I can get student discounts from food, clothes, and haircut lol

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                Just go to warehouse shoe stor or wss for short. It's set up as an outlet where all shoes and their sizes are accessible for patrons. You can practically try on any shoes without talking to any salesperson. Bring a school ID and they give you 10% off. I haven't been in school for 8 years but I always have my school id in my car just so I can get student discounts from food, clothes, and haircut lol
                there is one near me but all the female employees are super hot so that makes me nervous. always cute college chicks working there... plus they don't carry asics unfortunately. i might buy some nikes there tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
                  i dont get it

i have had a few jobs with tons of social interaction and it's physically draining. did nothing to ease the anxiety.
                  The anxiety is what is draining not the interactions, finding a new shoe store is avoiding the issue not a way to resolve it.

What makes you so socially uncomfortable?

Comment

The anxiety is what is draining not the interactions, finding a new shoe store is avoiding the issue not a way to resolve it.

What makes you so socially uncomfortable?
                    well i need a new shoe store entirely due to the selection, they didnt carry asics, which i am specifically looking for. so finding a new store is necessary, plus it will be a good experience because it will be a store i've never gone to and i will have to interact socially.

i fear that my face will turn red and get extremely sweaty and i will get embarrassed about being so uncomfortable in public.

Comment

Working...
                    X