Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People should think about jeff lacy when they hype up errol spence...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol.............

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      lol.............
      Green k good bump.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        Similar styles, both incredibly hyped at the point where they were demolishing fringe world level fighters. When lacy stepped up and fought a true world class fighter who didnt stand in front of him with his chin hanging out in the air, he got found out.

In fact lacy was a favourite against calzaghe, whereas spence in the prospective bookies odds is the underdog against brook.

I remember 'the new mike tyson' was the phrase with lacy, as he was blasting out these durable fighters, in better fashion than others had beat them (sound familiar?). People couldnt see how fighters would be able to cope when lacy started stringing his combos together. Boy did they get a rude awakening...

The lesson here, is that you shouldnt hype these offensive fighters, however good they look destroying B/C level opposition. Youve got to see how they do against an intelligent fighter who can fight back and wont stand in front of them.

I think people are really getting carried away with him demolishing algieri, someone who literally had no power whatsoever to stop spence in his tracks when hes coming forward. And bundu was an old man who lost every round to thurman, really is bizarre how beating them two has got this guy hyped so much.

Spence could well turn out to be the real deal but i think the hype machine needs to slow down a bit... People seem absolutely certain he'd blitz proven world level fighters, apparantly bradleys scared of him too now i was reading earlier today, and saw someones sig saying hes the heir to ray leonard, floyd mayweather etc lol, steady on guys...
        Wow, this really came back to bite you in the ass huh?

I especially like this part
        incredibly hyped at the point where they were demolishing fringe world level fighters. When golovkin stepped up and fought Danny Jacobs and looked totally ordinary
        Loser

Comment

Comment

lol............

Comment

I read the title of this thread and laughed heartily. Thanks for making my day.

Comment

Jeff Lacy is terrible and Errol Spence isn't.

That's the difference.

Comment

lol.............

Comment

British fans compare every black American puncher to Lacy. It'll never end.

Comment

• Funny cause I never bought into the Lacy hype. I thought his style was average. Nothing impressive stood out. I was not one bit shocked when Calzaghe wrecked him. It was a mediocre fighter who stepped up and clearly wasn't on that level.

I was actually relieved when he got beat because I was more annoyed of the hype than anything. I was so glad I wasn't going to have to see him putting on much more head lining and the hype train that was behind him came to a crashing stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X