Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime George Foreman fare in todays heavyweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was George in his prime? I'd say he was in his prime in the 90s. In his early career he said he couldn't control his nervous energy, but he was a lot more composed later on and knew how to conserve his energy. If you combined his youth with his ring IQ of the 90s, then he gives any of today's HW a run for their money.

Comment

Old George is better than Young George.. and Young George is better than a alot of heavyweights today.

Comment

Wlad is the only one with the technical skills and discipline to avoid trading, but I think he gets caught at some point especially at this stage of his career. Wilder would get drawn into trading and lose, Joshua is very good offensively but would lose a war.

Ortiz has good timing, skills, power. I'm trying to think of a time I've ever seen him hurt in a fight. I might give Ortiz a better chance than the others but not sure on that until seeing him against the top guys.

Comment

Good for his time but today he would be a good journeyman at best
          Someone like Any Ruiz would easily outbox Forearm, his handspeed alone would turn Foreman's head into a shivel. AJ would knock Foremans head into out of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Klitschko KO's that 1 dimensional plodder.
            That so called 1 dimensional plodder would have done a complete psyche job on Wlad before the fight, and would have just kept on pouring forward in the ring. It would have been a very hard and dangerous fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Good for his time but today he would be a good journeyman at best
              Someone like Any Ruiz would easily outbox Forearm, his handspeed alone would turn Foreman's head into a shivel. AJ would knock Foremans head into out of space.
              Oh dear.

Ha!

Comment

70's Foreman lost to Jimmy Young and gets credited by defeating a older over weight Frazier twice , Who did 70's Foreman actually walk through that would be considered at least 225 today to show he would dominate ?

90's Foreman would fare better but runs into trouble with Klitchko ,Haye , Ortiz and Joshua . The rest like Izu , Whyte , Breazeale , Povetkin, Miller , Pulev, Wilder ,Fury ,and Parker are all questionable bc Foremans k.o percentage went down alot and was about 45% with 225 plus guys . Hes highly over rated ,no matter how likeable he was and fun to watch . His best win was Moorer who was the weakest 90's champion and he lucked out bc he got a title shot after losing to Morrison.

No he wouldnt be the guy to beat it would just be a repeat of the 90's where he gets a few notable wins ,maybe gift decisions and loses to the bigger punchers with refined skills . He would be a top 10 but its subjective where he would rank .

Comment

I'm willing to bet even the current foreman would ko both wilder and joshua

Comment

That power though.

Comment

Foreman destroys them ALL, none of them can move like ALI and that is really the only way you beat a PRIME Foreman as Ali and Jimmy Young was able to do. Work all the backfoot and get the big man to move his feet, none of these Heavyweights really have that type of footwork in this era

Comment

Working...
                      X