Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward doesn't know who his next opponent is.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I have no problem with what he said. He doesn't have a contract yet, big deal. When he gets one he'll sign it and it will be official. It better be Barrera though, anything less than that and he'll be laughed at more than he already is
    Exactly!! If anything, fans disappointed in his post are just looking out for the guy. We wanna see him in a relevant fight. He said its not done but I hope it gets done. He better be hoping too.

Comment

Oh man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

Why dig up that old tweet? What point are you trying to make here?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I didn't imply that Ward would literally have to fight out of the country, he had the option of fighting out his contract, instead he sued his promoter.
            He signed a deal with Goosen and was being paid satisfactorily for it. He said his primary issue with Goosen was that Goosen wasn't sharing his promoter fee with Andre Ward's other promoter (the guy who bought out Roy Jones - but didn't do any actual promoting for Ward). Ward didn't want to pay the other promoter from his money, he wanted Goosen to share his side with this other guy and to also share his contact/connections too.

Ward was happy to fight Dawson & Pavlik, but later wanted that kind of money for Sartison and Truax and HBO said no, not Goosen.

It sounds like we agree on Ward's latest issue. He signs with RN in March '15 and still doesn't take fights to rebuild his image and make himself worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              Barrera is better than Yunieski who was getting a lot of attention after the Pascal fight.
              not sure about that. barrera's opposition has been unremarkable to say the least. murat was the best yet, but that stoppage was laughable. he's big and ferocious, but also slow, rather telegraphed and not that clever on his feet. i expect ward to tame him and win comfortably on the cards, but he will have to work for it, which is good

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                not sure about that. barrera's opposition has been unremarkable to say the least. murat was the best yet, but that stoppage was laughable. he's big and ferocious, but also slow, rather telegraphed and not that clever on his feet. i expect ward to tame him and win comfortably on the cards, but he will have to work for it, which is good
                ... and a poor jab too...

Comment

Ward needs a tuneup in 2016 for a tuneup in 2017. He had a tuneup in 2015....hes beeb 2active cuz fought once in 2yr alrdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    them being so called SPOILED BRATS is just your OPINION.....would you like it if Mikey and SOG came to your job and told your boss that you shouldn't get the money you believe you're worth?!?....you guys can't complain about these athletes trying to secure any dollar amount....it makes no sense
                    They aren't worth what they think they are though. They think they are huge superstars with a demand for them. Boxing is doing just fine without them though.

Comment

Working...
                    X