Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Golovkin so hyped on here??who has he defeated as a pro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Golovkin so hyped on here??who has he defeated as a pro?

I keep hearing posters talk about this guy like he has beaten world beaters...dude hasnt done anything worth mentioning yet and people are overrating the hell out of him

NSB loves its power punchers. That's why guys like Golovkin and Matthyse get so much love on here.

Comment

Its more about who has ducked and dodged him. Sturm, Quillin and others

Just watch him as well, You can see he's a bad man.

Comment

I was not impressed with his fight with Proska at all,he did not look like an elite world beater to me

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Its more about who has ducked and dodged him. Sturm, Quillin and others

Just watch him as well, You can see he's a bad man.
          I did watch him and wasnt impressed.........and Sturm ducks everyone so that isnt saying much

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
            I did watch him and wasnt impressed.........and Sturm ducks everyone so that isnt saying much
            Then your in the minority. Most boxing experts/Writers where impressed. Including the majority of fans.

Sounds like you don't like his style. That's fine. He's still gonna destroy whoever stands in his way.

If anyone has the balls to fight him.

Comment

Go watch some more Golovkin fights.

Comment

But who is he fighting??the local peanut vendor?

Comment

he's a huge puncher with an agressive style and a big chin, but he's not some brute. he is technical. he does have the amateur background, which will include all of the rudiments of boxing that you might not see in your standard brute.

he's a promising fighter. the "hype" probably came about primarily because of the punching power. there aren't a ton of guys out there like him anymore. he beats the hell out of people.

you'll find no top names going through the professional resume. the top two are ouma and proksa. ouma was shot and was best at 154, and proksa is certainly nothing to write home about.

in the amateurs, for whatever it's worth, he stopped bute (i can provide a link. he blasts him,) beat dirrell, korobov, geale, lee, despaine

he won the world juniors
                  the world championships
                  and silvered in the olympics.

there's a lot to be excited about. it's too early to break out the annointing oil, but he's going to be a factor in the division in the near future.

Comment

Looks to have a lot of potential but so have so many others over the years. His best win is over Kerry Hope, a guy whose 1-1 with Kerry Hope ffs

I'm not sold on Golovkin myself. I'm really baffled as to what makes people think an expected win inside 6 over Gregorz Proksa equals a win over Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                    X