Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time for some real talk--- broner vs gamboa who wins and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Best in the sport, lmao. Please. Broner is nowhere near as slow as you think he is. A lot of you guys are misinterpreting Broners style because you dislike the kid.
    Him and Russell Jr have the fastest hands in boxing, they are lightning quick.

Nobody said Broner was slow, in fact he is also fast with his hands. His foot speed isn't fast though. His style isn't hard to interpret, he's very much took as much as he could from Mayweather, with a few slight differences. I don't like Broner as a person, but I certainly like him as a fighter (not fought any great opponents yet though) - he's just not as fast as Gamboa, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Him and Russell Jr have the fastest hands in boxing, they are lightning quick.

Nobody said Broner was slow, in fact he is also fast with his hands. His foot speed isn't fast though. His style isn't hard to interpret, he's very much took as much as he could from Mayweather, with a few slight differences. I don't like Broner as a person, but I certainly like him as a fighter (not fought any great opponents yet though) - he's just not as fast as Gamboa, at all.
      That's your opinion, and I respect it. Broners hands are fast, and his foot speed is a part of his style. He can move, but its not his style.

When I measure speed, I do it when guys face each other in a super fight, unification or against an equal. A lot of guys are fast, but are they fast against a guy who is hitting them? Broner cuts off the ring well and hes getting better at the basics. Gamboa to some has better footwork because he moves, and his speeds allows him to add power to his shots. Broner has fast hands, and he uses his foot work to walk you down.

Two different styles.

Comment

Best in the sport, lmao. Please. Broner is nowhere near as slow as you think he is. A lot of you guys are misinterpreting Broners style because you dislike the kid.
        EXACTLY!

That is why it is a waste of time trying to debate with some people on this forum because they are like FEMALES, they can't put their FEELINGS TO THE SIDE and debate with out being BIAS "I DON'T LIKE BRONER SO I WILL ALWAYS PICK AGAINST HIM NO MATTER WHAT" -is the mentality of a lot of idiots on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko
          EXACTLY!

That is why it is a waste of time trying to debate with some people on this forum because they are like FEMALES, they can't put their FEELINGS TO THE SIDE and debate with out being BIAS "I DON'T LIKE BRONER SO I WILL ALWAYS PICK AGAINST HIM NO MATTER WHAT"
          You'll always be able to tell who keeps it funky, and who hates or dislikes a fighter. I dont mind the hate, just dont misinterpret a fighters style to match your opinion. I won't say Gamboa can't fight flat footed until I've seen him with a top guy. Guys think Broner cant move. Who knows how a guy will fight if he's in with a guy who is just as good who is up on points. Leonard and Hearns showed us that they had many dimensions to their game. Broner and Gamboa haven't shown us anything yet except that they have talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X.
            This would be like a poor mans version of floyd versus-manny
            could not agree more

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

That's your opinion, and I respect it. Broners hands are fast, and his foot speed is a part of his style. He can move, but its not his style.

When I measure speed, I do it when guys face each other in a super fight, unification or against an equal. A lot of guys are fast, but are they fast against a guy who is hitting them? Broner cuts off the ring well and hes getting better at the basics. Gamboa to some has better footwork because he moves, and his speeds allows him to add power to his shots. Broner has fast hands, and he uses his foot work to walk you down.

Two different styles.
              I would very muc agree with all of that.

I do think Gamboa's fought better fighters though (Salido, Solis, winning every round against Ponce...) and has shown he can do his thing against bigger guys, pressure fighters with granite chins and several other styles. I really want to see Broner in with someone his own size or someone with speed before passing judgement, so far he's shown he can walk down and control smaller guys who dont have much speed or power to push him back; how he would go about walking down someone who is faster than him and can bang interests me.

Hopefully we will find out in time.

Comment

I have to see how Gamboa looks fighting at a higher weight class against a solid opponent before I can make my pick. As it is he's going to need a tune up anyway to get rid of any ring rust he might have.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  Gamboa started his career at 130 he move down to win the 126 belt, fight night he was 134-35, imo Gamboa will play and frustrate Broner all night long, Broner has never face such experienced guy like YG, while I'm sure Gamboa has seen his share of Broner's in the amateurs, fight night all bets are off...
                  Around 135 on fight night at 126? So he puts on about 10lbs overnight huh? Not bad.

Comment

Gamboa eats Broner on fight night. Gamboa is a whirlwind, Broner makes too many mistakes that Gamboa would punish. Don't get me wrong, Gamboa makes some mistakes as well, but Broner is the more reckless of the two. I think Gamboa's style is intense but I can't say if he'll KO Broner. I don't think I've seen Broner's chin tested. I say Gamboa by UD though.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      I would very muc agree with all of that.

I do think Gamboa's fought better fighters though (Salido, Solis, winning every round against Ponce...) and has shown he can do his thing against bigger guys, pressure fighters with granite chins and several other styles. I really want to see Broner in with someone his own size or someone with speed before passing judgement, so far he's shown he can walk down and control smaller guys who dont have much speed or power to push him back; how he would go about walking down someone who is faster than him and can bang interests me.

Hopefully we will find out in time.
                      Gamboa has a bit more experience, but something about his chin doesnt have me sold just yet. Same with Broner, but I've seen Gamboa hurt. It's a wait and see thing for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X