No announcement yet.

2014 most violent countries list - CNN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hous View Post
    This study must be false. America has people with 23 guns and its easy to buy unregulated guns, they must be up there.
    You're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Mexico didn't make the list but according to takingaim it's going through a full fledged civil war.....LOL

This is a list of homicides per 100,000 people. Mexico - like Pakistan has a large population with areas of violence - but most people are unaffected. If I am correct [lets be fair, I usually am ] Mexico suffers from narcoterrorism close to the US border. So its per 100,000 rate may be quite low. Pakistan's homicide rate is about 7.7/100,000 - not too large, although 50,000 people have died from terrorism since 2001.

Similarly, Mexico with 100,000 deaths since 2006 scores 21.5 - which is still very high but not Honduras levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

The USA scores about 4.5 which is high compared to first world countries but not so bad overall.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        You're an idiot.
        You're angry.

Comment

Must add that of that 50,000 - 28,000 have been terrorists who have been smoked by security forces.

I've been to Pakistan 3 times since 2001. It doesnt feel unsafe. 90% of the violence is in FATA with the odd event elsewhere [like Karachi airport]. I imagine Mexico is similar - with Juarez et al being bad but most folk totally untouched by violence.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
            This is a list of homicides per 100,000 people. Mexico - like Pakistan has a large population with areas of violence - but most people are unaffected. If I am correct [lets be fair, I usually am ] Mexico suffers from narcoterrorism close to the US border. So its per 100,000 rate may be quite low. Pakistan's homicide rate is about 7.7/100,000 - not too large, although 50,000 people have died from terrorism since 2001.

Similarly, Mexico with 100,000 deaths since 2006 scores 21.5 - which is still very high but not Honduras levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

The USA scores about 4.5 which is high compared to first world countries but not so bad overall.
            I was just giving takingaim ****, he was so bothered by it he messaged me about it.

Fact is, Mexico isn't in a civil war as he claimed. Yes the violence is bad, but you would expect that from a country that borders the country that uses the most drugs.

Comment

Yeah, I understand. Mexicans and Mexico get a brutal press amongst elements of the US media. I watch Fox News for a laugh sometimes, read the Washington Post and so on and you'd think it was collapsing it on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                Yeah, I understand. Mexicans and Mexico get a brutal press amongst elements of the US media. I watch Fox News for a laugh sometimes, read the Washington Post and so on and you'd think it was collapsing it on itself.
                I have actually had people ask me if it's safe to travel to Mexico. My co-worker had to go to Mexico for some business and he stayed in the Mayan Riviera and said it was the nicest place he had ever seen in his life.

Again, most of the violence is relegated to certain areas and between drug cartels and the gangs. Of course it spills out in the open sometimes and even in tourist areas, but it's not like Mexico is in a civil war...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
                  Damn, that shyit is straight gangsta! 73 people dead and he still escaped. It took them less than one hour to kill Escobar and only he and his bodyguard were killed.
                  I know, right!?! That **** is wild. El Chapo too...he didn't even go out with a whimper. Wasn't he sleeping when they busted in on him? Lmao. This Christopher Coke guy was a G. Had a whole neighborhood willing to die for him!!

Comment

Ya'll read the book or seen the documentary "Killing Pablo" ? - it's pretty epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I know, right!?! That **** is wild. El Chapo too...he didn't even go out with a whimper. Wasn't he sleeping when they busted in on him? Lmao. This Christopher Coke guy was a G. Had a whole neighborhood willing to die for him!!
                      I saw a documentary that he helped alot of the poor people in his area with housing, food and clothing.

On a unrelated note, Jamaica has some of the ugliest freaking local women I've ever seen. Horse faces

Comment

Working...
                      X