No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    As you can see here when asked about fighting his mandatory Lucas Matthysse (should he beat Peterson), from 5:55+ Danny basically just says Al Haymon tells him what to do, then Oscar takes the mic and gives out a very long drawn out retort with no real answer.

Thanks for that clip, hadn't seen it before. Listening to that you'd really get the impression that they're not hot for the fight at all.

"It was discussed" - wtf is that? It was more than discussed, Oscar, your buddy the Swiss banker said it was a tournament. Will be absolutely pathetic if GBP try to weasel their way out of this one.

Comment

I think Garcia will match him in power and outmatch him in skill to reel in a tough ud.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Because they're both experienced southpaw boxers with a high ring I.Q and decent defense. Judah went into full survival mode.
        Garcia is absolutely made for Lucas & can not box off the backfoot.
        This.

Lucas is a bad match-up for Danny, and I think Danny is a very solid fighter. Peterson is the risky fight for Matthysse, Garcia is definitely the underdog against him.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          As you can see here when asked about fighting his mandatory Lucas Matthysse (should he beat Peterson), from 5:55+ Danny basically just says Al Haymon tells him what to do, then Oscar takes the mic and gives out a very long drawn out retort with no real answer.

You can tell they don't want to fight Matthysse right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Thanks for that clip, hadn't seen it before. Listening to that you'd really get the impression that they're not hot for the fight at all.

"It was discussed" - wtf is that? It was more than discussed, Oscar, your buddy the Swiss banker said it was a tournament. Will be absolutely pathetic if GBP try to weasel their way out of this one.
            Absolutely, the majority of us feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              LUCAS IS NOT SOME FUKIN BOXING GOD

dnny did much better against judah so theres no reason not to pick danny or lucas

no way in hell he gets past peterson so it wont happen

but yea he has a punchers chance but i see danny out boxing him
              No he's not a God. But he's still a better fighter than Garcia.

Danny may have done better against Judah than Lucas did, but that has nothing to do with the outcome of Garcia Mathhysse. That was 3 years ago and Matthysse was much greener than Garcia when he faced Judah and Zab was a little fresher at 32 than 35. People forget Zab was the favorite against Matthysse hadn't fought anyone yet and had only been 10 rounds once. Judah Matthysse may have been a much closer fight on the cards but Judah hurt Garcia and that was something Judah didn't do to Matthysse.

Peterson Matthysee is a 50/50 fight.

And he has a hell of a lot more than a punchers chance. Lucas can box too and Danny isn't hard to hit. Matthysee by late round tko.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                And he has a hell of a lot more than a punchers chance. Lucas can box too and Danny isn't hard to hit. Matthysee by late round tko.
                That's the key point.

Comment

Where's "Matthysse by Decapitation & Humiliation leading to a Angel Garcia heart attack"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

WTF, we were told it is a tournament. If Garcia doesn't fight the Matthysse-Peterson winner, that's a **** ton of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      I think Garcia will match him in power and outmatch him in skill to reel in a tough ud.
                      Oh lawd... Wtf am I reading? ... Actually the whole post was a LOL post.

Btw Im still waiting on you to tell me what are these fundamentals that Garcia possesses that Matthysse doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X