Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Lamont Peterson wearing running trainers when he was sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Lamont Peterson wearing running trainers when he was sparring?

Just a quick question, i just watched a video of him sparring and noticed that he was wearing running trainers and not boxing shoes when he was sparring, anyone know why?

Nothing important just a minor thing that im curious about.

because he scared that Khan will show up at any time so he's gotta b ready to run the f outta there.. its called survival tactics and we shouldnt blame him.

Comment

he is preparing himself to chase down khan in the ring once khan starts running again

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        because he scared that Khan will show up at any time so he's gotta b ready to run the f outta there.. its called survival tactics and we shouldnt blame him.
        Is this place full of wannabe comedians or is there anyone who has a serious answer or two in them??

Comment

a lot of guys spar/train in running shoes. I use to hop off the treadmil and in to the ring or vice versa, and it wasn't comfortable hitting the mill with boxing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Just a quick question, i just watched a video of him sparring and noticed that he was wearing running trainers and not boxing shoes when he was sparring, anyone know why?

Nothing important just a minor thing that im curious about.
            What video?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              a lot of guys spar/train in running shoes. I use to hop off the treadmil and in to the ring or vice versa, and it wasn't comfortable hitting the mill with boxing shoes.
              thank you for a sensible reply.

the reason im curious is when i used to train i used to get severe shin splints so i had to stop.

now im thinking of starting boxing training again but i dont want my shin splints to come back, and sparring with boxing shoes would certainly not help.

however if i could spar with my running trainers then maybe that would be better for me to help prevent my shin splints from coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                A plausible answer. But doesn't it take time to put gloves on?
                Surely enough time to change out shoes

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                I'm sorry, who was running away in the ring and who was chasing who in the last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  What video?
                  on a show called 'ringside'.

wait till someone posts the video up of it in the ''ringside amir khan special' thread.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Fix

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Is this place full of wannabe comedians or is there anyone who has a serious answer or two in them??

i was gonna say pretty much exactly the same thing as "Fix" did.
                    running shoes are awful for precise footwork, but good for running so we can either take it as a joke or for real. either way it made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                    X