Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today marked the beginning of post-prime Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao looks prime to me. He fought at Mosley's pace for the majority of the fight. When he upped the pace it was the usual pacquiao from previous fights. After the fake knockdown he was angry and went after Mosley.

Someone better hit that blood testing on him soon though.

Comment

Mosley ran like a fairy. Mayweather will do the same. He will get so defensive minded against pac. wide UD. Or he fights like he usually does against southpaws and get stopped.

Comment

Ya...this is post-prime Pacquiao....can someone please alert Mayweather this BREAKING NEWS...that way a fight happens....

Comment

Originally posted by BABY MICH View Post
          You don't think Marquez will do well man? the weight diff is overplayed even if it is at 147. Marquez is a good technician and i feel the fight will still be competitive. Like you said has Pac really improved that much since the second fight? not really.. perhaps he has even regressed fighting big slow plodders
          There was a slight hint of sarcasm in that post of mine.

Comment

Dont agree with everything you said but his footwork was definitely off tonight. He kind of looked like the old Pacquiao.. wild and off balance when he throws punches.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
              Where was his absurdly high number of punch output?

Where was his newly developed technical skills?

Although he won, Pacquiao's game plan has been cookie cutter for his last four or five fights. Tonight proved one thing, a technical fighter he is not. The commentators said that Mosley was a clever fighter but in fact I believe that Pacquiao has become the trickster; mastering quick feints and creating sneaking angles.

Pacquiao has provided some good entertainment the last few years, but to the keen eye and well informed, he's been a product of genius matchmaking. Make no mistake though, his hard work and determination should not go unnoticed. Every fighter gets their "off night" excuse though, so I'll give it to him this time.

Tonight Mosley showed that with defense and some technicality, he can confuse Pacquiao and make him weary of his own decisions when up against another fighter with serious one-punch knockout power. What is unfortunate though, is that Mosley isn't the fighter he once was and wasn't able to make anything happen off his defensive stance.

As for his legs, well, he "explained" that, right? .

Just another W on his resume.
              hes been on a decline in my eyes since he was training for margo

Comment

Originally posted by JM.. View Post
                hes been on a decline in my eyes since he was training for margo
                I guess putting on a "spectacular" show against a fighter like Margarito blinds us from reality.

Comment

Op should take in account the power of Mosley. You really think he would throw his normal output when you have a guy like Mosley who can KO anyone at 147 with his power?

He didn't look that bad against Mosley, was probably a bit to friendly at the end. The Margarito was was stupid though, he looked off bigtime. But still had that power and speed.

Comment

I guess putting on a "spectacular" show against a fighter like Margarito blinds us from reality.
                    You mean the same Margarito who has better lateral movement than JMM and Floyd. The same Margarito who is the best all-around defensive and counter puncher Boxer in Boxing.

Comment

Where was his absurdly high number of punch output?

Where was his newly developed technical skills?

Although he won, Pacquiao's game plan has been cookie cutter for his last four or five fights. Tonight proved one thing, a technical fighter he is not. The commentators said that Mosley was a clever fighter but in fact I believe that Pacquiao has become the trickster; mastering quick feints and creating sneaking angles.

Pacquiao has provided some good entertainment the last few years, but to the keen eye and well informed, he's been a product of genius matchmaking. Make no mistake though, his hard work and determination should not go unnoticed. Every fighter gets their "off night" excuse though, so I'll give it to him this time.

Tonight Mosley showed that with defense and some technicality, he can confuse Pacquiao and make him weary of his own decisions when up against another fighter with serious one-punch knockout power. What is unfortunate though, is that Mosley isn't the fighter he once was and wasn't able to make anything happen off his defensive stance.

As for his legs, well, he "explained" that, right? .

Just another W on his resume.
                      Floyd might fight Pac now, as he realizes Pacs shin splints might be chronic. He hopes it will effect his performance like it did against SSM to give himself a chance of beating Pac.

THings are looking up for Floyd he just might sign the contract. But i think he would want Cortez as the referee as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X