No announcement yet.

The only way to not be frustrated about BS boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    And i think the problem is most boxing fans will be content with very little! They will help someone with no proven value whatsoever get hype and milked by their promoters. I think fighters should get paid less and fight ALLOT more times a year.

Lets compare Jon Jones, one of MMA's fastest raising star with somone like Chavez Junior or even Bradley (even though you might think Bradley isn't doing so bad, he is actually). Jones in 3 years already was tested and proved legit. He's now fighting the champion! No tune ups, no padding the record, see the difference? Who the hell is good in boxing? How many real tests do these guys get a year? That kid Pirov, the one who beat the American prospect, where is he now?! Why so many fighters think they can raise a little buzz and disappear and comeback with 20 more wins vs unknown people and nearly out of their primes. Some fighters waste their prime years PADDING THEIR RECORDS!

And you know why they do it? Because they want to land that 30 million dollar pay day and cash out. Everyone seems to be working for a big fight. And for the shows they put together they are hugely overpaid.
    what boxing used to be when there was one belt

Comment

Yes that's one of the main problems with the sport. In MMA the fans say "what if they fight?" Dana White says "Done, in 6 weeks". Boom we get what we want to see. Even if they could milk the fighters further THEY CHOOSE NOT TO.
      MMA/UFC haters make me laugh. Their only defense is how Dana White has control over everything and underpays his fighters. My question is, if the fighters arent complaining, why the fuk are they??? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
        I have nothing against MMA. Absolutely nothing. Boxing just frustrates the hell out of me because you don't get to see it too often. Takes weeks, months even years just to see minor stars get in the ring. You may never even see the ones you want to see fight each other. It then becomes just fantasy fights. It's terrible.

I don't buy the **** connotation in MMA fights. You're probably a **** if you even think that way.
        exactly. those dudes fight anyone and they fight hard, not gay

Comment

Ok so what could boxing do to improve on things?

Get rid of the belts (who needs 4 champions? why not take advantage of it being an world sport to use that larger pool of fighters and have them fight and compete constantly to improve?)

Less money (for as much as i like Floyd, 30 million per fight is WAY too much, maybe 10 mill per fight and 3 times a year no? Goes to every other "star" too)

Don't pick and choose (fight the best every time, don't use tuneups, boxing shouldn't have journeymen or cans, people who can't win should be cut like the UFC does it. This could be hard to do because of all the corruption)

I think this should be enough to blast MMA back but they won't do it. In 5 years lets see how is boxing doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            exactly. those dudes fight anyone and they fight hard, not gay
            who beat kimbo slice?

Comment

and you mean ufc, not mma

Comment

It's not about that. If it was Floyd Mayweather wouldn't be a champion at 23 or Manny a champion by age 16?! (was he?) It's just a couple examples... Nothing justifies people waiting till their early 30's to take chances! And MMA has evolved a ton lot! The only older fighter still doing well is Anderson Silva because he's not human lol. Everyone from the old era (when people didn't know what they were doing) is losing badly and they aren't even that old! In 5 years the sport evolved a million years! The main difference is people like GSP, they train EVERY SINGLE DAY. He tries to improve as a mixed martial artist every day, whereas most boxers take entire months off of training between fights.
                Alexander was champ at 23, Khan at 22-3, Alvarez gonna be champion at 20? If you can win title then go forward. I don't have anything against guys like Chavez jr, who doesn't feel confident for title fights, I don't care about them. I know MMA fans love bloody fights, but in the end we are all human, we have to understand the huge risk on fighters in sport.

Comment

Ok so what could boxing do to improve on things?

Get rid of the belts (who needs 4 champions? why not take advantage of it being an world sport to use that larger pool of fighters and have them fight and compete constantly to improve?)

Less money (for as much as i like Floyd, 30 million per fight is WAY too much, maybe 10 mill per fight and 3 times a year no? Goes to every other "star" too)

Don't pick and choose (fight the best every time, don't use tuneups, boxing shouldn't have journeymen or cans, people who can't win should be cut like the UFC does it. This could be hard to do because of all the corruption)

I think this should be enough to blast MMA back but they won't do it. In 5 years lets see how is boxing doing.

Some posters here care more about what benefits the fighters more so than what benefits up fans who are constantly dishing out money to watch these fights. This I will never understand. What they dont understand is, the more u pay these fighters, the less they will fight. Look at Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
                    who beat kimbo slice?
                    that cop from boston was the first.

either way, dude isn't a bit ch.

look at demarcus corley....

Comment

boxing is much more of a craft than mma, newer boxers need more seasoning to compete with established guys, that's why guys can get titles earlier in mma as well

Comment

Working...
                      X