No announcement yet.

professional conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• professional conditioning

i've decided to get back into competitive boxing. I want to have some more amatuer bouts at the end of the year. I am in bad shape at the moment. I have about 22% body fat and am unfit.

I wanted some tips on getting back into shape...i mean professional shape. I need a diet and some schedule to get me into a professional level of conditioning.

I have weights, a punch bag and a road to run down...

any help or advice from people who are fighting in amateurs or pro's would be greatly appreciated (apart from that dud who got ko'd 8 times in his first 9 fights)

thanks.

Originally posted by me2007 View Post
    i've decided to get back into competitive boxing. I want to have some more amatuer bouts at the end of the year. I am in bad shape at the moment. I have about 22% body fat and am unfit.

I wanted some tips on getting back into shape...i mean professional shape. I need a diet and some schedule to get me into a professional level of conditioning.

I have weights, a punch bag and a road to run down...

any help or advice from people who are fighting in amateurs or pro's would be greatly appreciated (apart from that dud who got ko'd 8 times in his first 9 fights)

thanks.

Try to start running your 3 miles in about 27 minutes... this should be a formidable task since you say your out of shape... this gives you 9 minutes a mile which should be a nice start to getting back in shape.

Try to do endurance rounds instead of just hitting the bag.. EXAMPLE: hook up hook down for 3 minutes... 2-3-2 for 3 minutes.... 1-2-4 for 3 minutes... You can make many different combinations as you know... but do the same one over for that round.

Jumping jacks are very underated... thats all I'll say for them.

Push-ups should be equal to breathing....

Shadowboxing is a must.

These are just some things to start off with to get back into top shape.

You woudln't believe my diet that got me to my picture if i told you so imma let someonelse tell you what to eat.

good luck hope to see you fighting soon.

Catastrophe

Comment

thanks thats some good advice

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post

You woudln't believe my diet that got me to my picture if i told you so imma let someonelse tell you what to eat.

Catastrophe
        Now I'm curious... whats this unbelievable diet you're on?

Comment

Originally posted by me2007 View Post
          thanks thats some good advice
          what was your record ?

as a pro boxer?

Comment

i've never boxed professionally, just amateur... i meant i want to have the conditioning of a professional

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
              Now I'm curious... whats this unbelievable diet you're on?
              Well I'm at the point where I can eat whateva I want and not have a problem with weight...

For the last month I've been having strawberry milkshakes like everyday ever since someone introduced me to "steak&shake" I'm hooked... hasn't affected my weight any though...

I love to eat pasta...anything pasta.. I have bread like everyday.

and those toaster strudels are evil because they are like a drug... i eat them constantly... can't help it.

Thats no boxers diet but i guess once you get to a point of fitness it balances... Because I still run.. i go to the gym 5 days a week... and I spar a whole lot.. so yea thats my diet.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                Well I'm at the point where I can eat whateva I want and not have a problem with weight...

For the last month I've been having strawberry milkshakes like everyday ever since someone introduced me to "steak&shake" I'm hooked... hasn't affected my weight any though...

I love to eat pasta...anything pasta.. I have bread like everyday.

and those toaster strudels are evil because they are like a drug... i eat them constantly... can't help it.

Thats no boxers diet but i guess once you get to a point of fitness it balances... Because I still run.. i go to the gym 5 days a week... and I spar a whole lot.. so yea thats my diet.

Nice. How much are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
                  Nice. How much are you running?
                  saturdays i run 7 miles... just distance not timing...

I run sprints about 3-4 times the week 3:00X4 after or before training

Mornings I try to run 3 miles b4 work.

Comment

Working...
                  X