Thurman Beats Crawford Easily... stylistic nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    in footspeed. he absolute is.

Crawford is a walker like Toney and Hopkins. Thurman is like RJJ, Haye.

you can't outbox this type. you have to knock them out.
    Crawford can outbox Thurman. He has faster hands and a longer reach.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i think Crawford befuddles 95% of the welters out there...skill is skill
      I mean, that isn't saying much considering there's only a handful of good ones out there. Lol

We'll see what he does and how he does it. Gamboa had this dude hurt and it took him a good round, round and a half to FULLY recover.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I mean, that isn't saying much considering there's only a handful of good ones out there. Lol

We'll see what he does and how he does it. Gamboa had this dude hurt and it took him a good round, round and a half to FULLY recover.

he did not have him hurt...stop it

Comment

I honestly can't see anyone as of right now beating Crawford.

Comment

If, and it's a huge IF. If Thurman beats Crawford it would be razor thin. That said, I wouldn't give him much chance. Sure, he's a nice fighter. Good speed, good power (not quite what was advertised) and he's got really good athleticism but Crawford is an elite level boxer and athlete. His footwork and speed is very good, so Keith wouldn't be able to just get on his bike and peck away at Bud. Bud has an excellent jab and can defend and has a lot of variety to his offense and is about as adaptable as any fighter alive. Thurman is a bit more like bombs away early, that doesn't work, just do the same thing over or get on his bike a little.

There's really no special affects or mind blowing skill with Thurman so I think once Bud has figured him out he'd probably just walk him down or even handcuff him and school him with the jab and occasional cross.

Competitive early, then repetitive. Crawford 117-111.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Actually he knocked him out the round he got buzzed.

Also, that's one fight three years ago. Crawford has even more confidence now and is a much better, more complete, experienced fighter.

Is Thurman the same guy that was hurt by Soto-Karrass? No. Fighters improve. Fighters go through things at different stages in their careers.

Comment

This thread make me laugh. Keith ´oneslap ´ Thurman got no power, only one stoppage in his last 5 fights. Crawford got 4 in 5. Thurman too big? Lmfao he is a midjet at WW, crawford is taller and got longer arms. I see this fight been a complete shutout for Crawford, Thurman landing some soft power punch early, then Bud adjust and punish him for the rest of the fight. Easy work for Bud, Thurman is no different than the Gamboa or Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by UFC_Boxing View Post
                  This thread make me laugh. Keith ´oneslap ´ Thurman got no power, only one stoppage in his last 5 fights. Crawford got 4 in 5. Thurman too big? Lmfao he is a midjet at WW, crawford is taller and got longer arms. I see this fight been a complete shutout for Crawford, Thurman landing some soft power punch early, then Bud adjust and punish him for the rest of the fight. Easy work for Bud, Thurman is no different than the Gamboa or Diaz
                  I think Diaz would have given Thurman hell and arguably do enough to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    I think Diaz would have given Thurman hell and arguably do enough to beat him.
                    Thurman destroys Diaz, wtf?

Comment

No.

Crawford figures him out. It turns into a chase scene where Thurman is overrating his timing and footwork getting countered every time he steps in.

Thurman has an ugly style that I think Crawford would win a SD against.

Comment

Working...
                      X