Pac may skip Nov. fight and wait for Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac may skip Nov. fight and wait for Floyd

Pacquiao may skip November fight and wait until 2013 for Mayweather

By Allan Fox: It’s being reported that Manny Pacquiao may choose to skip his November 10th fight date that his promoter Bob Arum wants him to take in order to wait for a possible big mega fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in early 2013.

The Manila Bulletin is reporting that Pacquiao may choose to skip his November fight date entirely in order to wait for a possible fight against Mayweather to occur in early 2013.

It makes a lot of sense for Pacquiao to skip what could be a risky fight against Tim Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez or Miguel Cotto in order to wait for a much bigger fight against Mayweather. The reason being is if Pacquiao loses to one of those fighters that his promoter Bob Arum is looking to match him up against in November, then Pacquiao will likely miss out on a big mega fight against Mayweather for good. To be sure, a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight could still happen even Pacquiao loses his next fight in November, but the money split would be not in Pacquiao’s favor under those circumstances.

Pacquiao can’t negotiate on even terms with Mayweather if Pacquiao loses another fight. Pacquiao was beaten by Bradley last June by a 12 round decision. While you can make an argument that Pacquiao possibly deserved to win that fight, you also can’t ignore the reality that he looks like he’s starting to really slip in terms of his fighting ability. There’s some aging going on there and he could in theory lose his next fight if he chooses to face one of the guys that Arum wants to match him against.

Pacquiao will have to convince Arum that he wants to wait on the Mayweather fight because Arum seems to really want Pacquiao to take the November fight date. I can imagine there could be some friction if Pacquiao says no to fighting the remainder of 2012.

http://www.************.com/2012/08/...t/#more-127374

Comment

What a stupid article, manny possibly deserved to win? jesus thank god the guy does not get paid

just a load of ifs and buts, you can't put your career on hold to hope out for one fight which has failed to be made several times

Pac dominated Bradley, winning at least 8 rounds, take the rematch and this time finish him off and don't leave it for the judges.

Comment

this is what iv been saying. why does he have to fight on november 10th? the only reason is so bob arum can make some money.

bob arum needs to get a proper job if he needs money.

Comment

"Pacquiao can’t negotiate on even terms with Mayweather if Pacquiao loses another fight."

Pacquiao never was on even terms and he certainly isn't now.

Comment

It's like this whether he faces Mayweather, Marquez or Bradley next, he's gonna lose his next fight, might as well get his biggest pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              "Pacquiao can’t negotiate on even terms with Mayweather if Pacquiao loses another fight."

Pacquiao never was on even terms and he certainly isn't now.
              09 it was 50/50 dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
                09 it was 50/50 dumbass.
                Nope Mayweather has always been the bigger draw.

Comment

I think either Bob Arum is stupid for putting Pac in their with a dangerous opponent before a Floyd fight or he just does`nt really care about a fight between Floyd and Pac.I mean why would he put Pac in their with a fighter that might beat him which can hurt his bargaining power for a Floyd fight if Pac were to lose or get another gift decision?I mean he would most likely make far more money if he just makes a Floyd fight next then put Pac in their with Marquez,Bradley and Cotto.

Comment

If losses determine who fights who the boxing game would be in a bigger mess than it is now. When fighters of equal talents and experience box each other someone will loose! What does that have to do with fighting another fighter of equal talents.

I don't agree that Pacman had less negotiating power when dealing with the fight with Floyd. I think the fight is ALL about Pacman challenging Floyd thats the intrique to the fight. Pacman will make Floyd come out of the counter punch mode and we'll see Floyd fight for once! I think their both very good fighters and if they go to the center of the ring everyone will see a great fight even if their both a little bit past their best time.
                    The greatest fighters of all time have losses on the records and it simply means they're fighting quality opponents. Sign the dotted line and shut up!
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X