Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Iraqi Militias Are Prepared to Fight the U.S. if It Starts a War with Iran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] These Iraqi Militias Are Prepared to Fight the U.S. if It Starts a War with Iran

BAGHDAD — Hashem Al Mayahi didn’t always despise America. When the U.S. first invaded Iraq to rid the country of Saddam Hussein in 2003, he hoped regime change would usher in a brighter future.

“I thought they’d turn Iraq into a paradise after they rid us of Saddam,” he recalled.

But as Baghdad descended into violence and chaos, and American abuses rose to the surface, he began mobilizing his neighborhood against the occupation, first as part of the Mahdi army, an insurgency led by popular *****e cleric Moqtada Sadr, and later its splinter group, Asaib Ahl Al-Haq. Asaib grew by the thousands and gained notoriety for targeting American troops, claiming responsibility for over 6,000 such attacks.

Now, with the U.S. and Iran in a standoff that’s threatening to spill into armed conflict in Iraq, he’s ready to do it again. In an exclusive interview with VICE News, Al Mayahi said Asaib was ready to hit U.S. targets in Iraq using the same insurgent tactics it deployed during the height of American occupation.

“Ninety percent, there will be a war,” the 46-year-old told VICE News from his home in a Baghdad neighborhood. “When America attacks Iran, we will not be silent.”

I was just in Dubai for vacation.

My navy recruiter said they dropped the scores for some military jobs.

I think another war is coming.

I don’t see a war with Iran unless they really push for it. Shoot down an airliner or sink a U.S. ship.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I don’t see a war with Iran unless they really push for it. Shoot down an airliner or sink a U.S. ship.
      Or we get another bush/obama in 2020 and the media just spams a photo of children we need to "rescue" (by carpet bombing).

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        Or we get another bush/obama in 2020 and the media just spams a photo of children we need to "rescue" (by carpet bombing).
        That is one advantage of having a president who can’t be bought off by wealthy defense contractors.

Comment

The US military is the largest most well funded terrorist organization the world has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            It would be a pointless war.

Comment

Working...
            X