No announcement yet.

Your Top 10 Heavyweights Of All Time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Lol @ having no idea how ignorant you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      Huh? You calling me a dummy? This is men talk here. And what that makes you? I posted a 2nd post acknowledging my error. Vitaly had would've had his arse handed to him if he fought a prime Ruddock, Carl Williams. A prime Foreman KO's Vitaly in the 2nd round! A prime Foreman KO's Wladimir in 1 minute of the 1st round! The Buster Douglas that beat Tyson beats Vitaly.

Talk to me SON!
      Lol! What a waste of time that would be to argue this pure ******edness.
      Go back to your world bro. I want no part of it.

Comment

• 1. Ali
        2. Louis
        3. Holmes
        4. Foreman
        5. Marciano
        6. Holyfield
        7. Frazier
        8. Wlad
        9. Lewis
        10. Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Are you aware that Liston was 2-2 in world title fights? Are you ranking him 3rd because he fought Ali too or just messing around? Lol

And Ali 7th? Are you serious? I think he's overrated and can't even rank him out of the top 3.
          I believe both Ali-Liston fights were fixed. Liston is highly underrated.

Ali got too many gifts because of his name and did too many things wrong technically.

Comment

• 1. ali
            2. tyson
            3. johua
            4. povetkin
            5. vitali

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Lol Glad I could transport you to a different time and place, brother. It’s always a cool feeling when someone strikes a note. No one who didn’t live the old Times Square would believe what it once was — open drug dealing, murders on the street, sex shops, etc. Real seedy shit, as in “Taxi Driver.” Now it’s Disney.

What you said about never imagining Tyson would become heavyweight champ reminds me of a similar non-boxing-related experience I had back in the day. I used to frequent the NYC dance clubs back in the eighties. I ran into Madonna a couple of times at the clubs. She was basically nobody back then. Just a small-time singer with one single. Who would’ve thought she’d later become a superstar? You never know...
              Yoooo! Don't get me started with Madonna, I too remember when she started at the Fun House! Yeah buddy!!!
              Have a good weekend brother there's a lot of boxing tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                Yoooo! Don't get me started with Madonna, I too remember when she started at the Fun House! Yeah buddy!!!
                Have a good weekend brother there's a lot of boxing tonight.
                Ahahaha! She dated The Funhouse’s DJ, “Jellybean,” briefly. (Got kind of a funny story about one night she was all over him in the DJ booth. Lol) I remember her showing up one morning, probably like 7:00 AM, at the Paradise Garage with WBLS’s Frankie Crocker. She was a wild chick, man. Small world. I wonder if we ever bumped into each other. Lol

Enjoy your weekend, bro! And the fights as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  This sums up the lunacy of this entire post and many in this thread.. I really should stay out of NSB.
                  So because someone has a different opinion to others regarding something as subjective as boxers from different eras, it somehow translates to 'lunacy' according to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Ok, lets look at it this way.......

Barring freak injury, can you see anyone Tyson beat giving any real problems to Vitali Klitschko? And I do think prime Holmes would have put up a good fight, Tyson beat nowhere near a prime Holmes. That's what I'm saying. Tyson's best win was Spinks, who was a blown up LHW. Other than that his reputation was built from knocking out bums early. Not that he wasn't good for a bit, but he's badly overrated......in my opinion of course.
                    For sure! I believe Vitali Klitschko would be favored heavily over any opponent Mike Tyson has faced and beaten. However, that's beside the point though, isn't it?

The real question is, do you think there existed any boxer in history who could've achieved what Mike Tyson achieved AT heavyweight that had the same physical dimensions as Mike Tyson in terms of height, reach and weight? No other boxer who had the same physical dimensions as Mike Tyson ever achieved the same feats against modern sized super heavyweights that Mike Tyson has. This is not even in dispute!

Do I think Mike Tyson would've beaten any and every boxer ever? Absolutely not! However, I think Mike Tyson would be favorite over any boxer pre-1980 and I would mainly favor top modern heavyweights over Mike Tyson.

I don't think any version of Larry Holmes would've beaten Mike Tyson. Same thing with Muhammad Ali. You could claim Holmes was old and past his prime against Mike Tyson. However, an even older Larry Holmes went on to defeat prime Ray Mercer more convincingly than Lennox Lewis did and gave prime Evander Holyfield a far tougher fight than he could ever give Mike Tyson. So for that reason alone, Mike Tyson deserves tremendous credit and props for his 4th round KO win over Larry Holmes and especially due to being the only boxer to have KO'ed Larry Holmes in Holme's illustriously long career.

Pound for pound and inch for inch, Mike Tyson is the greatest heavyweight of all time However, in an absolute sense, he would be too small and would therefore be inferior to the modern skilled super heavyweights.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;18575511]
                      Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                      Pardon me mate, I certainly misunderstood. And yes it is common sense. Just as it's common sense to understand that to become a heavyweight champion in Ali's era it was much harder. I really don't put too many importance into owning all these belts. The people know who the real heavyweight champion is.
                      Exactly! For me, who you beat > what belts you own or how many belts you own.

If you beat more boxers with better records and don't own any belts. You are in my eyes, better than a boxer who does own a belt but has fought boxers with inferior records.

Comment

Working...
                      X