Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undefeated Debate Champ Ben Shapiro Takes First Loss, QUITS Against BBC's Andrew Neil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    fixed.

And hey, at least you're moving past cartoons.

Andrew Neil made him look like an angry little man.

Last edited by COVID-19; 05-12-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Shaprio had already busted out a second wad, and was jonesing for a cigarette. No point in going further. At that point he was only gonna do himself harm.

Please, don't act like if your defense attorney weren't lighting up the police investigatory like Shapiro did here, you'd be telling your homeboys you got Matlock working your case.
      No idea what you're saying.

"At the end of the day", Ben Shapiro was made to do what you're NEVER supposed to do when you're a debater. Relinquish...submit...QUIT!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Well I’ve never heard about any of them, so I watched the full interview with an open mind.

I was pretty clear that the interviewer confronted Shapiro with stuff from his book and older tweets that totally goes against what Shapiro apparently says today. So double standards was exposed to which Shapiro had no explanation. He was literally beaten from pillar to post and decided to say no mas.
        Not true.

Shapiro had previously stated that he no longer feels that way that was referenced in those quotes, so thus no double standards.

The interviewer was playing Gotcha!, not debating.

Can't 'school' a guy when there's no debate.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          What the hell does Calzaghe/Lacy have to do with Ben Shapiro?
          For whatever reason, a group of people here equate two people engaging in verbal discourse the same as two people engaging in combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Not true.

Shapiro had previously stated that he no longer feels that way that was referenced in those quotes, so thus no double standards.

The interviewer was playing Gotcha!, not debating.

Can't 'school' a guy when there's no debate.
            I did notice that Shapiro said he he had changed his mind regarding some tweets from 5-10 years ago, but he was challenged on his book as well and I didn’t notice that he retreated from that? Correct me if I’m wrong and maybe you can also tell me how old the book is?

I will say, however, that if Shapiro in fact did say he couldn’t stand behind his previous opinions, then it’s all good. Everybody is entitled to get wiser. BUT that makes his no mas even worse! If he had changed his mind and told the interviewer that, then the interviewer would have to change subject, so why the hell did he quit?

Comment

Wow Shapiro humiliated himself there.

I find him annoying at the best of times but the other couple of videos of him I've seen have him 'debating' complete fools so he comes off better by comparison.

The host was completely civil and mild mannered that whole time but Ben was getting completely triggered and flustered by simple questions.

That was way worse than I was expecting. Ben just completely shut down and quit when he was supposed to be promoting his book. The host wasn't even trying to 'destroy' him, he was just asking some questions on Ben's views.

I'm surprised Ben was such a shrill little snowflake. He came across as pathetic and shrill as some of people he has 'debated' in the past.

That was hard to watch, Ben's no nuts high pitch voice is quite annoying and he got so defensive about nothing. His line about being 'popular' was just cringeworthy.

Ben should stick to 'debating' University feminists and people even more annoying than he is.

Comment

I did notice that Shapiro said he he had changed his mind regarding some tweets from 5-10 years ago, but he was challenged on his book as well and I didn’t notice that he retreated from that? Correct me if I’m wrong and maybe you can also tell me how old the book is?

I will say, however, that if Shapiro in fact did say he couldn’t stand behind his previous opinions, then it’s all good. Everybody is entitled to get wiser. BUT that makes his no mas even worse! If he had changed his mind and told the interviewer that, then the interviewer would have to change subject, so why the hell did he quit?
                I have no idea how old his book is.

As to why he walked out, my guess is he was just in foul mood and not wanting to play Gotcha!

Happens to us all.

Comment

I have no idea how old his book is.

As to why he walked out, my guess is he was just in foul mood and not wanting to play Gotcha!

Happens to us all.
                  It might be this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Right-Side-Hi.../dp/0062857908

It’s 2 months old lmao.

Comment

For whatever reason, a group of people here equate two people engaging in verbal discourse the same as two people engaging in combat sports.
                    Which is fine - if it's equal.

Lacy didn't quit.

Comment

It might be this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Right-Side-Hi.../dp/0062857908

It’s 2 months old lmao.
                      I would guess that's it as a book was brought up, but I'm not certain.

Comment

Working...
                      X