No announcement yet.

Little Known Fact: Danny Jacobs weighed 170 fight night vs Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Known Fact: Danny Jacobs weighed 170 fight night vs Dmitry Pirog

So for people wondering why Pirog knocked him out, but GGG couldn't, it truly wasn't the same Danny Jacobs that got in the ring vs GGG. Weight makes a big difference. And Pirog was only 170 as well. So both of them on that night probably would have been knocked out by GGG, who would have been the same or a couple pounds bigger.

Jacobs needed to be over 180 to take GGG's punches. So it will be very interesting to see what Canelo weighs in the ring vs GGG, if HBO can do their damn jobs this time and actually get the fight night weights from both fighters. Fans take their time to tune into these fights, so in my opinion it should be the athletes and networks responsibilities to supply such basic information as how much the fighters weigh when they fight each other.

It's very interesting because I feel Canelo needs to outweigh GGG if he plans to go to war with GGG, but if he packs on too much muscle, he could fatigue badly. It's a delicate balance.

Mr Logic how about you show us the evidence you have that Jacobs was over 180.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Jacobs said he was 174. His team 176.

Comment

Been on here over a decade and TS is one the dumbest posters I've ever encountered on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Jacobs said he was 174. His team 176.
          so they have differing stories and you dont question that? was one lying? were they both lying? also 176 at 8 am in the morning is a lot different than 10 pm when the fight happened. strange they left out how much he was right before the fight. im sure he didnt put on any more weight.....i bet he didnt eat or drink the whole day? thats believable

Comment

well if he was 176 at 8 am in the morning...what do you think happened? he has to eat and drink during the day right? logically we can assume he probably gained more weight since he wants to have energy for the fight so hes going to need calories. hes not going to fast for 14 straight hours and hes not going to burn many calories since he wont be doing any strenuous training only warming up.

Comment

Pirog was the truth

Comment

HBO said he was over 180, he looked over 180, he didn't protest what HBO reported at the time, and since the fight he and his team have differing stories about how much he weighed.

But of course, you missed the point completely. Whether he was 176 vs GGG, or 186, the point is he was still at least one weight class bigger in the ring vs GGG than he was vs Pirog. Possibly two, but at least one. So not only is it reasonable to assume, and obvious to anyone who watched, that he got a lot better in the 8 years or so since the Pirog fight, but he was also significantly bigger, meaning that, in more than one way, the Jacobs GGG fought was not the same as the Jacobs Pirog fought. That's the important point, that apparently flew over your head.
                Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-08-2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Ironically, the TS will learn that in this fight "Lil'G" will come in weighing the heaviest ever in his career. So if he was 174 against Rubio, expect Lil'G on fight night to be 177. Basically heavier than Alvarez. This is GGg's longest inactivity because of that "injury" from Jacobs...his momentum ain't like before.

Regarding Jacobs. He said so himself that he weighed 174 on fight. Jacobs entire torso is even thinner than GGg's. Just because Jacobs' deltoids are more refined than ggg's doesn't mean he was to be bigger than GGG. Jacobs is always fit. Walks around 180lbs. BJS walks around 195lbs as he said himself he's a "cruiser now..." when he's drinking throughout he year with a gut he doesn't mind showing. Almost the exact same physique as GGG when he was looking all fat so GGG months earlier was easily in the 90s while Nelo been working consistently at 175lbs up and down

I mean the TS opened up Pandora's box!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    So for people wondering why Pirog knocked him out, but GGG couldn't, it truly wasn't the same Danny Jacobs that got in the ring vs GGG. Weight makes a big difference. And Pirog was only 170 as well. So both of them on that night probably would have been knocked out by GGG, who would have been the same or a couple pounds bigger.

Jacobs needed to be over 180 to take GGG's punches. So it will be very interesting to see what Canelo weighs in the ring vs GGG, if HBO can do their damn jobs this time and actually get the fight night weights from both fighters. Fans take their time to tune into these fights, so in my opinion it should be the athletes and networks responsibilities to supply such basic information as how much the fighters weigh when they fight each other.

It's very interesting because I feel Canelo needs to outweigh GGG if he plans to go to war with GGG, but if he packs on too much muscle, he could fatigue badly. It's a delicate balance.
                    Listen, I know you are a paid journalist & you are coming up with excuses for lil g but Jacobs beat him. Dmity Pirog would of KO'd lil g. So give up the poor boxing logic.

Comment

Working...
                    X