Collapse
No announcement yet.

Story About My Casual Boxing Fan Buds..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story About My Casual Boxing Fan Buds..

...so i have these two buds; Kris and Jay..Irish and Mexican dude..they know more than the casual fan..they know who the fighters are..The main ones that the networks spotlight but they don't know the goings ons like we boxing nerds do..so I consider them kinda like casuals..

Anyways..they were in Vegas this weekend so I knew they missed the Crawford-Gamboa scrap..HBO was showing the fight earlier around 9 and I texted them, "watch HBO right now if you missed that great scrap on Saturday'

Jay: the Crawford fight?
    Me: yup..watch it now..catch the dodgers game later

Kris: im on it bruddah
    Me: the first fight was alright but don't miss the main event

About an hour or so pass

Jay: ****in sick
    Kris: thanks bro..I needed that

You're the only ****s that could appreciate a moment likw that. . Thought id share

Love it.

If quality fights like that were the regular, boxing would have no problems.

Had a casual buddy, new to it all, over not long ago who wanted to see the Mayweather-Maidana fight. I put it on, but I queued up Matthyse-Molina to start right after it. Blew his ****ing mind, man.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Love it.

If quality fights like that were the regular, boxing would have no problems.

Had a casual buddy, new to it all, over not long ago who wanted to see the Mayweather-Maidana fight. I put it on, but I queued up Matthyse-Molina to start right after it. Blew his ****ing mind, man.
      If every match was like that, boxing would be mainstream

Comment

Couldn't be bothered with anyone watching a Dodger game when a smoking boxing match is on !

A Yankee game ?

Well that's different !

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
          Couldn't be bothered with anyone watching a Dodger game when a smoking boxing match is on !

A Yankee game ?

Well that's different !
          We made up 10 games in less than a month. . Another parade?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            We made up 10 games in less than a month. . Another parade?

Kershaw's off the hook !

Put some $ on em !!

Think they're going 2 the big show this year !!!

Comment

Kershaw's off the hook !

Put some $ on em !!

Think they're going 2 the big show this year !!!

I need that stud to be dominant in the post season bro..baseball playoffs is just as stressful as NHL playoffs. .just a lil slower and agonizing

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                I need that stud to be dominant in the post season bro..baseball playoffs is just as stressful as NHL playoffs. .just a lil slower and agonizing
                That 1-2 with Kershaw and Greinke are gonna be tough 2 beat come playoff time !

Only when your teams in the thick of it !

Doesn't look like I'll have that problem.

Too many injuries !

Comment

Tell them to watch smith vs Molina if they are struggling to go to sleep

Comment

That 1-2 with Kershaw and Greinke are gonna be tough 2 beat come playoff time !

Only when your teams in the thick of it !

Doesn't look like I'll have that problem.

Too many injuries !

Im worried come playoff time for those two. .you need to be great to maintain your regular season dominance into the playoffs. .I thought that about Quick and Doughty going into this year's playoffs..I hope those 2 have similar performances

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Tell them to watch smith vs Molina if they are struggling to go to sleep

Those foos are already salty im missing the 4th of July block party..I tell them to watch that **** and I'd never from them again
                    Last edited by -MAKAVELLI-; 07-01-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X