Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum needs to put Gamboa on Pac vs Marquez undercard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    ....................We all saw the fight. Gamboa took the rounds but he didn't dominate Ponce
    Didn't Ponce de Kitty quit? No Mas!!

Comment

according to top rank and dan afael gamboa will be back on hbo in jan. i hope its in ac again so i can go, he has been scratched from the cotto card for that reason, he would make mor emoney on hbo as a headliner in jan

Comment

Pac vs JMM
        Gamboa vs ____
        Donaire vs ____
        Rios vs ____

It's a no brainer.

But in reality we'll get:
        Pac vs JMM III
        Rios vs ___
        Castillo vs Jorge Paez Jr II
        Cintron vs Ed Paredes

Comment

Bump....this one way to build another future ppv attraction!

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
            this is the only way Gamboa will ever appeal to the casual fans this is the best way have him as the co-feature bout.. he didnt do much vs ponce barely got hit if anything he looked BORED in the fight..i believe this is the perfect timing, this is Bob Arums chance to show the world he REALLY knows how to market and promote a fighter with no ethnic support.
            he was going to, and then decided gamboa was too big and deserved his own show.. sometimes you wonder if the old man really wants to build gamboa

i guess he just prefers to sell lots of events to HBO and the only way to do so is to NOT put two big fights in the same card and do two smaller events instead

Comment

Originally posted by 537Bwouaye View Post
              he was going to, and then decided gamboa was too big and deserved his own show.. sometimes you wonder if the old man really wants to build gamboa

i guess he just prefers to sell lots of events to HBO and the only way to do so is to NOT put two big fights in the same card and do two smaller events instead
              Interesting. That approach could really be stalling Yuri's career.

The TS definitely has the right idea. Gamboa needs to be put on the under-card of a huge PPV. It really should've happened already. Yuri has the potential to be a future superstar. When the casual fan sits at his/her local sports bar, awaiting the Pac vs. whomever/May vs. whomever fight, and they're exposed to the explosive athleticism of "El Ciclon", they're sure to want more. Boxing is entertainment. Most people, especially the lukewarm fans, don't just want to see a good fight, they want to be electrified. Gamboa is one of the few current boxers capable of delivering the goods.

Comment

I agree, Gamboa's got all the tools to be a huge star, he just needs the promotion.

Comment

Agreed, totally.

Comment

I really agree.

Comment

Arum should do this.

Comment

Working...
                      X