Fable III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fable III

Any you guys bought this game?

I just picked up my pre order and ill be playing this shortly. If any you guys gunna get this post your thoughts, discuss, ask anything about the game

Ill post a review on how I feel about the game in a little while after I play it for a while

I heard the game has coop, if any you fruit snacks want to join me in the game add me IXChicharitoXI

It was between New Vegas and Fable for me. My next game will be Mafia II when I find it at a discount and I'll pick up fable 3 some time next year.. I hope it can live up to the hype.

Comment

Just In:

Comment

It looks the same as Fable 2 to me. I only seen my gf playing it though, never played it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
          It looks the same as Fable 2 to me. I only seen my gf playing it though, never played it myself.
          its a badass game i loved fable 2 but i was just mad it was mad short, the game itself is really simple with easy controls. What makes it pretty fun is the quest and the decisions and all that other stuff.

I like those quest like games i find them pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            It was between New Vegas and Fable for me. My next game will be Mafia II when I find it at a discount and I'll pick up fable 3 some time next year.. I hope it can live up to the hype.
            i hated fallout 3 so much lol my next two games are mostlikely gunna be black ops and reach around christmas time cuz im broke as fu*k....

Comment

fable 2 was too shallow for me big let down, will most likely get Fable 3 but will wait for it to come out on PC..playing Fallout New Vegas now so should keep me busy for a while....then wil get back too Dead Rising 2..might break down and grab it for xbox if I hear good things about it though.

Comment

I played about 4 hours so far and i have mixed feelings about it so far but it's growing on me.

The story and premise of the game is much more interesting this time. Your brother is the king and he's pretty much evil. So you have to gather support from everybody in the kingdom and an army to overthrow him.

The combat is the same as fable 2, so it's pretty simple and not very hard.

Things have been simplified even more than fable 2 which sucks for the most part, the emoticon/action wheel is gone. When you interact with a villager you just talk to them and you can either do a positive or negative action which you can't choose, it seems random.

So lets say, you talk to a guy and do a positive action...you might start dancing with them and end the dance by kissing his hand, fcking fruity. No more just telling jokes and doing stuff so a crowd gathers around you and all start liking you. You can only interact with 1 person at a time, which is a huge step back in my opinion.

The cool thing about making it simpler is that there is no inventory anymore. You press start and you end up in your sanctuary with no load time whatsoever. There you can change your clothes, tattoos, hairstyles and weapons, and you actually see the weapons and what the clothes look like on mannequins.

The way you upgrade your character is kinda weird but it works. You gain xp for everything you do, quests, making somebody like you, combat, ect. No more different types of xp for using melee, guns or magic.

Another cool thing is that your weapons get different looks depending on what you do in the game. Like i have killed a lot of hollow man and the cross of my rifle is now made out of bones.

When want to upgrade something you go to the place called road to the throne(I think this is what it's called.) and you pick your upgrades from chest, opening chests costs xp. So lets say you want to upgrade your melee you pick the melee upgrade chest, same for magic or firearms. You can also get other types of upgrades like new expressions, dyes, ect. Those are really cheap unlike the combat upgrades.

Also there are a lot more side quests this time around, i just got the first village to join me and i have the option of progressing through the story but i still got like 8 or 9 quests available

Overall it's fable, it's not a hard game, there is a lot of humor. Plus there is quite a bit of stuff to do if you don't want to rush through the story.

I like it but i havent played long enough to know if i like it better than fable II, which is didn't like as much as fable 1.

Comment

Yea imo it was a step back taking out the emote wheel I was lookin for that yesterday night....how do u see your inventory? I found a book that teaches my dog tricks but idk how to use it

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                    Yea imo it was a step back taking out the emote wheel I was lookin for that yesterday night....how do u see your inventory? I found a book that teaches my dog tricks but idk how to use it
                    Your inventory is the d-pad basically, like when you are losing health food and potions will pop up on the d-pad.

As for the dog just whistle at him and the book will appear on the d-pad.

Comment

Working...
                    X