No announcement yet.

[DREAM FIGHT] Robinson 42' vs Hearns 81'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    A fun fantasy fight for me was always Tito Trinidad vs Tommy Hearns.
    Tito had trouble with movers and Tommy could box on his toes as well as anybody. That reach, that jab, that rocket of a right hand: Tommy KO Trinidad by round 7.

Now, if they both went ballistic from the get go a la Hagler-Hearns, then it's a jump ball!

Comment

Hearn's size wouldn't be quite as huge a factor here. SRR was huge himself.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        It hurts me to admit this because Hearns is one if my favorite fighters. All time. SRR was an incredible fighter. He would have the fight if his life on his hands but he'd win. Tommy could be hurt to the body. I think hurt more at 147.
        I don't think Tommy was at his best at 47 esp SSL fight where he came in at 45.I think he was at his best at 54 or poss even 60.People forget about Shuler fight because he died right after fight in motorcycle crash.But he was a 80 olym and a very good young fighter at 60 and Hearns just sparked him in 1.And this was 1st fight after Haggler who a lot people think ruined tommy but I think he lost his legs and chin(which was never great)when he went from 60 back down to 54 then went to 75(andres)and THEN went down to 60.I think that weight loss after putting on that much muscle for 75 is what did him in.I mean right after that he got hurt in EVERY fight.Roldon hurt him in between getting KD like a yoyo.

Comment

It would have been a 3 round war like Haggler with Robinson winning by KO . The guy with the better chin wins this fight and that was Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            I don't think Tommy was at his best at 47 esp SSL fight where he came in at 45.I think he was at his best at 54 or poss even 60.People forget about Shuler fight because he died right after fight in motorcycle crash.But he was a 80 olym and a very good young fighter at 60 and Hearns just sparked him in 1.And this was 1st fight after Haggler who a lot people think ruined tommy but I think he lost his legs and chin(which was never great)when he went from 60 back down to 54 then went to 75(andres)and THEN went down to 60.I think that weight loss after putting on that much muscle for 75 is what did him in.I mean right after that he got hurt in EVERY fight.Roldon hurt him in between getting KD like a yoyo.
            The weight lose seemed to really hurt Roy Jones also. The Roldan fight was wild for sure. What I loved about Tommy besides his boxing skills was his intensity. He brought it every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              The weight lose seemed to really hurt Roy Jones also. The Roldan fight was wild for sure. What I loved about Tommy besides his boxing skills was his intensity. He brought it every fight.
              yea him and guys like T Norris make up for lesser chins with huge ba lls.

Comment

Working...
              X