Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-21-2017, 12:59 PM #11
Swag Concierge

Quoted: 9627 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,742,663,526,795,264.00
Total Points: 147,742,677,727,075,040.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisJS View Post
I don't have time to go digging up old threads or stuff on different social media pages that show Floyd fans saying crazy stuff. Just open them and you can see.

I guess technically Pacquaio was considered the best in the world when Floyd fought Shane if we are going by BWAA, The Ring and ESPN. He remained there until Marquez knocked him off in November, 2011 (when he schooled him and got robbed). I don't care to get into why that fight didn't happen (When Pacquaio was still Pacquaio), but it didn't and that's a fact.

Last part is not entirely true. Robinson was the best of his or any time and he posted great wins over great fighters in their prime despite opponents not being as good as him. Same for Leonard, for example and many other fighters perceived to be the best of their time.
Yeah, maybe Larry doesn't have time either. So I guess you have an answer to your previous threads.

My point is you are over exaggerating. The negativity is mostly from those that hate Floyd because he kept winning. Just like you are doing in this thread. Had Floyd lost, there wouldn't be a need for those that do not like him to diminish his wins.

No, he wasn't, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Is what it is.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2017, 01:00 PM #12
Strong champion.

Quoted: 4400 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 782,972,394,150,686,336.00
Total Points: 10,882,978,396,832,571,392.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
As I said previously, to call the Mosley win tainted for Floyd and not great completely contradicts what was said before the fight.

Prior to the fight, posters and fans claimed Floyd was afraid of Shane because he was bigger and as fast. Many people picked Shane to win.

From the point Floyd got over those monster punches and didn't go down, those same people have decided to focus on Shane's age.

Now, if you are a real boxing fan and didn't let hate for Floyd cloud your judgement prior to the fight, then I can see why you'd think it wasn't great.

That said, if you are someone that hates Floyd and posted some of the things I documented ( and I believe you are one of these people) then how can you not consider it a great win when a man defeats someone who is bigger, as fast, and better, even if they are much older?

mosley's win over margarito was a mirage. the guy was only good with bricks in his gloves. mosley's rating at the time was based off of that win alone. his loss to cotto was three years prior to that, and he looked flat out bad against ricardo mayorga.

then you add in that he was 38 years old and coming off of a year and a half of inactivity, and you have context. don't try to evaluate a win based on a mirage because it fits you agena. evaluate what actually happened. who fought and when, and how good they actually were knowing what we know in hindsight.

brits do this with carl froch, andre ward, and lucian bute. they overrated bute for years, said ward was ducking him. then they see him fight somebody other than a tomato can and get his ass kicked, and they still want to argue that ward was ducking because they'd overrated bute.

in this case we know that margarito did nothing after he was caught with plaster, and that his late power [the thing that made him a dangerous fighter when you couple it with his chin and stamina,] was a mirage. don't rate the win based on that mirage! rate the win on what it was, a win over mosley at the very end of his career, coming off of a layoff, and that his high ranking was based on beating a fighter whose ability was a complete fabrication and who should have never beaten miguel cotto.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:05 PM #13
Swag Concierge

Quoted: 9627 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,742,663,526,795,264.00
Total Points: 147,742,677,727,075,040.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
mosley's win over margarito was a mirage. the guy was only good with bricks in his gloves. mosley's rating at the time was based off of that win alone. his loss to cotto was three years prior to that, and he looked flat out bad against ricardo mayorga.

then you add in that he was 38 years old and coming off of a year and a half of inactivity, and you have context. don't try to evaluate a win based on a mirage because it fits you agena. evaluate what actually happened. who fought and when, and how good they actually were knowing what we know in hindsight.

brits do this with carl froch, andre ward, and lucian bute. they overrated bute for years, said ward was ducking him. then they see him fight somebody other than a tomato can and get his ass kicked, and they still want to argue that ward was ducking because they'd overrated bute.

in this case we know that margarito did nothing after he was caught with plaster, and that his late power [the thing that made him a dangerous fighter when you couple it with his chin and stamina,] was a mirage. don't rate the win based on that mirage! rate the win on what it was, a win over mosley at the very end of his career, coming off of a layoff, and that his high ranking was based on beating a fighter whose ability was a complete fabrication and who should have never beaten miguel cotto.
We are saying the exact same thing, just differently.

If you let your hate for Floyd cloud your judgement and drive your opinion before the fight-eat crow and call it a great win. If you took a more adult, boxing fan view before the fight, then its a win and we move on.

The issue, as always, is the childlike, unintelligent, retarded, hate fueled rhetoric we get from posters before the fight being thrown back in their face when Floyd wins.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:10 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 996 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 56,161.38
Great post - anthonydavid11 LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 

Quote:
Yeah, maybe Larry doesn't have time either. So I guess you have an answer to your previous threads.

My point is you are over exaggerating. The negativity is mostly from those that hate Floyd because he kept winning. Just like you are doing in this thread. Had Floyd lost, there wouldn't be a need for those that do not like him to diminish his wins.

No, he wasn't, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Is what it is.
Larry does have time. They were things he said and required a yes or no answer to support a a claim. No going back and digging up was required. He also asked me to answer an opinion based question which I did in detail and refused to answer the yes or no answers of claims made. There's a difference.

Also, yes Pacquaio was rated #1 at that time. It is what it is. Doesn't mean it's true (or false), but it happened.
chrisJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 PM #15
~HATERS GONNA HATE!~

Quoted: 7290 Post(s)
.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,189,382,994,806,604,562,432.00
Total Points: 3,238,018,740,245,255,159,808.00
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev &amp; Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 

Quote:
Mayweather-Mosley - Mosley was 38 and 15 months out of the ring.

Joshua-Klitshcko - Klit 41 and 16 months

Cotto-Martinez - Martinez coming off surgeries and 15 months off

Crawford-Gamboa - Gamboa coming off slightly over 12 months off

Any others?

Of these which are tainted/not that great and why?

I'd say you've also got to factor in what stage of the fighters career it was at. Joshua was making a huge step up and had never shared the ring with a top level fighter so he gets credit for that win.
Crawford does too since Gamboa was unbeaten, had good form and was barely just passed 12 months. He also entered as the betting favorite and it was considered a huge step up in competition for Crawford.

I'd say the other two are tainted and don't quite register as great wins due to the ring rust, the ages and the fact Mayweather and Cotto had already been in big fights prior so no excuses for them unfortunately.
I would say they all get credit except crawford. Fougth someone off 12+ layoff and had to move up in weight against someone who already moving up himself.

Crawford basically legally cheated to get a W. TAINTED
.!WAR MIKEY! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM #16
BOMB ZQUAD

Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
White Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Willy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 92,988,671,711,221,040.00
Total Points: 92,988,671,711,255,696.00
Good post, man. - anthonydavid11 

George Foreman was 45 years old and coming off a 17 month layoff when he knocked out 35-0 Michael Moorer to capture the IBF and WBA World Heavyweight titles.
White Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 PM #17
Strong champion.

Quoted: 4400 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 782,972,394,150,686,336.00
Total Points: 10,882,978,396,832,571,392.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
We are saying the exact same thing, just differently.

If you let your hate for Floyd cloud your judgement and drive your opinion before the fight-eat crow and call it a great win. If you took a more adult, boxing fan view before the fight, then its a win and we move on.

The issue, as always, is the childlike, unintelligent, retarded, hate fueled rhetoric we get from posters before the fight being thrown back in their face when Floyd wins.

we are not talking about the same thing. you're trying to make fanboys eat crow, and i'm evaluating a win without giving a f#ck about what some f#ggots posted seven years ago. it was not a great win. has nothing to do with what was said prior. we know shane had little to nothing left, that he looked garbage aginst mayorga, that he was on the slide three years prior when he lost to cotto, and that the margarito win was pretty much useless and that shane had no business on the p4p list in 2009.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:24 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Great post - anthonydavid11 LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post

Well said. You are completely right.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:26 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
I would say they all get credit except crawford. Fougth someone off 12+ layoff and had to move up in weight against someone who already moving up himself.

Crawford basically legally cheated to get a W. TAINTED
The irony of that is that he only got the Gamboa fight because Mikey Garcia refused to fight Gamboa after calling him out
Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 PM #20
~HATERS GONNA HATE!~

Quoted: 7290 Post(s)
.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,189,382,994,806,604,562,432.00
Total Points: 3,238,018,740,245,255,159,808.00
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev &amp; Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 

Quote:
The irony of that is that he only got the Gamboa fight because Mikey Garcia refused to fight Gamboa after calling him out
so what are we doing here? agreeing that crawford shouldnt get credit and just deflecting?
.!WAR MIKEY! is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fights/wins, inactivity, loser, months

User Tag List