No announcement yet.

What makes the USA so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
    Seems like a rather dense response but I'll try to answer back as best I can.
    Oh please indulge me. Thanks.

OP asked what makes America great which is clearly our role in WW2
    A war makes a country great? You'd think we'd have jumped in sooner if we'd have known it'd make the US great wouldn't you?

I think your self-have indulged in a bit too much propaganda yourself and can't seem to see where you go wrong in your summaries.
    Nah not really I've just tried to become more open minded & see propaganda for what it is.

Comment

Response Pt. 1

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Pretty much all the bolded parts capitalism been around since the middle ages and when exactly did US single handedly saved Europe? When did the US defeat Russia? Explain how the US killed communism

You probably the type that think the Berlin Wall came down because of Ronald Reagan speech in 87
      I don't remember saying capitalism didn't exist before America. Do you know the definition of enshrined?

I never said America single handily saved Europe. But to think America didn't play role in saving the country during WW2 is foolish at best. Maybe the most appropriate response would be to say they helped saved Europe. But I thought that was pretty much given. Of course, America would still need the help of the UK and Russia.

But even with that said most agree worldwide that US played a vital role in saving Europe.

The Berlin Wall came down because of Reagan's speech? Such ignorant statements hardly deserve a response.

Residents from other countries seem to get bit touchy-feely when one discusses the accomplishments of America.

Comment

America was once great it's now a **** hole full of bigots, gun nuts, stupidity and scroungers.

I mean people are making a big deal about Harvey weinstein when the president said grab them by the *****. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

A war makes a country great? You'd think we'd have jumped in sooner if we'd have known it'd make the US great wouldn't you?

Nah not really I've just tried to become more open minded & see propaganda for what it is.
          You seem to have missed my original statement. Which read America's role in WW2 during and after the war. So America didn't become recognized as a great country just because of war but because of the aftermath of said war.

Like it or not but that's just the way things are.

Your 2nd statement is just silly and doesn't really require a response.

Your question should be rather or not a country should be considered great because of war which depends on the circumstances.

The funny thing about propaganda is that we rarely know what it looks or sounds like until it's too late. Being open-minded alone rarely combats propaganda successfully.

Being open-minded can still lead you to believe in BS.

A solid foundation in truth and understanding are also key. Plus being okay with the history that makes you uncomfortable.

Comment

We did jump in sooner. Who do you think was feeding and arming those morons? For someone seeing propaganda for what it is you sure are spitting out a lot of it. No the war wasn't finished by the time we got there. Thier damn Prime minister came here begging Not only our President but on the floor of congress to save them. They begged. We saved them.. We rebuilt them and this day we protect them. There you are spewing the propaganda of a ****** like Anorak.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
              America was once great it's now a **** hole full of bigots, gun nuts, stupidity and scroungers.

I mean people are making a big deal about Harvey weinstein when the president said grab them by the *****. lol
              Very simple explanation for this.

You see, when conservatives like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or Trump are connected with sexual harassment, we brush it off because they are like minded bros and we want them around.

When the people are liberals, we take a big runny dump on them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
                You seem to have missed my original statement. Which read America's role in WW2 during and after the war. So America didn't become recognized as a great country just because of war but because of the aftermath of said war.

Like it or not but that's just the way things are.

Your 2nd statement is just silly and doesn't really require a response.

Your question should be rather or not a country should be considered great because of war which depends on the circumstances.
                Wow. You are an incredible a$$shole aren't you. I've rarely seen one so confident in their bs. That wasn't a question btw, that was a statement & I'd say a fact although I'm sure you'd disagree & will tell me how stupid, ignorant or simple minded or probably something more clever & insulting I am while saying as such.

The funny thing about propaganda is that we rarely know what it looks or sounds like until it's too late. Being open-minded alone rarely combats propaganda successfully.

Being open-minded can still lead you to believe in BS.

A solid foundation in truth and understanding are also key. Plus being okay with the history that makes you uncomfortable.
                Being open minded combats it better than ignoring it or acting like it doesn't exist.

Whats true & what we understand or choose not to is changing every day & propaganda (of all types) usually has a hand in steering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                  We did jump in sooner. Who do you think was feeding and arming those morons? For someone seeing propaganda for what it is you sure are spitting out a lot of it. No the war wasn't finished by the time we got there. Thier damn Prime minister came here begging Not only our President but on the floor of congress to save them. They begged. We saved them.. We rebuilt them and this day we protect them. There you are spewing the propaganda of a ****** like Anorak.
                  I like you better when you stick to dick jokes & your slapsticky humor.

I hardly commented on many specifics of WWII so idk what got your panties in a bunch or would be viewed as propaganda that I'm pushing. Its universally agreed (by everyone except the US & those that don't wanna piss off the US), I thought anyway, the US was on CP time for their entry to WWII.

Comment

Wow. You are an incredible a$$shole aren't you. I've rarely seen one so confident in their bs. That wasn't a question btw, that was a statement & I'd say a fact although I'm sure you'd disagree & will tell me how stupid, ignorant or simple minded or probably something more clever & insulting I am while saying as such.

Being open minded combats it better than ignoring it or acting like it doesn't exist.

Whats true & what we understand or choose not to is changing every day & propaganda (of all types) usually has a hand in steering it.
                    I don't recall calling you stupid or any of the other statements you posted. If I offended you, friend, I do apologize.

But I know it wasn't a question that's why I acknowledge it as such in my original response. But did you not mean it as a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                      the **** is this cheeky ****?

Comment

Working...
                      X