Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can see a scenario where rigo wins. loma starts cautiously and rigo has enough power to keep loma wary. if rigo manages to get a lead and not get caught on his chin then he could win a decision in a low output fight

but it just seems as though loma is too big for rigo at 130. and loma has improved since the salido fight. he steps on the gas after round 4 which is what he may have to do vs rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      clowns be saying that 8lb's is fk-all

those same clowns cannot explain why 4lb's killed the Golovkin/Ward fight..... and they cannot explain why Golovkin refused to drop a single pound for Cotto/Canelo

clowns be everywhere, this place is a circus
      You're exactly right. I can't sit here and say "oh, 2 p4p guys need to meet in the middle" and now say "the little (black) fighter has to come all the way up". This fight should be at 126. That would be fair, especially for a 37yo fighter.

Do you think Guillermo is just cashing out? He's no spring chicken, and could never get fights. Is he taking what he can get and getting out?

Comment

Originally posted by NO/BS2468 View Post
        Nicholas Walters. That name alone is better than anybody on Rigo's resume.
        Nonito Donaire was the number 3 pound for pound fighter in the world when Rigo beat him so clearly you have no clue what you are on about. Oh and Donaire was finished after Rigo destroyed his confidence so dont go and use the Walters beat Nonito argument. Rigo is a natural 118 pounder moving up to 130 pounds to fight one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters in the world and if and when he wins it will o down as one of the greatest wins in boxing history!

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          You're exactly right. I can't sit here and say "oh, 2 p4p guys need to meet in the middle" and now say "the little (black) fighter has to come all the way up". This fight should be at 126. That would be fair, especially for a 37yo fighter.

Do you think Guillermo is just cashing out? He's no spring chicken, and could never get fights. Is he taking what he can get and getting out?

not really sure ?

what I suspect is.....

with Rigo's career, it is now or never.....

inactivity, caused by poor management, has stalled/limited his career and earnings..... and Arum's handling of Rigo was also disgraceful

I think he has overwhelming confidence and self-belief, so he is willing to throw his cards on the table and see how they fall..... in, or out

it cannot be viewed as anything other than reaching for greatness

Comment

Originally posted by TheAssyrian View Post
            Nonito Donaire was the number 3 pound for pound fighter in the world when Rigo beat him so clearly you have no clue what you are on about. Oh and Donaire was finished after Rigo destroyed his confidence so dont go and use the Walters beat Nonito argument. Rigo is a natural 118 pounder moving up to 130 pounds to fight one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters in the world and if and when he wins it will o down as one of the greatest wins in boxing history!

I love your confidence

tough, tough, fight

if he is physically effective at 130, then we got a fight..... but that is a huge question mark.....

and even then..... tough, tough, fight

Comment

If Rigo were fighting someone else I would be rooting for him.
              I just can't root for him here. Especially after how much his people, I doubt he was talking all that trash, have been talking.

I hope that he gets opportunities at 126 and maybe even 130 after he takes an L here.
              I think even now he could beat most, if not all, the top guys at 126.
              Rigo is insanely talented. He is one of the most talented fighters I have ever seen. Think about it. Rigo may very well be the most talented fighter ever from Cuba, a power house in amateur boxing. If he's not no. 1 he's definitely top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post

thinking about that a little more.....

I am guessing you suspect that Rigo could be pulling a Martinez..... which could be right, we just don't know

we don't know how Rigo is holding up, and how he looks/feels in camp

I think that Sergio knew he was done, but he managed to hold himself together for that Cotto payday..... while hoping that he may have enough left to finish the fight

with Rigo, I don't think so..... because Cotto was a huge payday, and Lomachenko is not

Rigo could likely make similar'ish money fighting someone his own weight..... which would be waaaaay easier

I will go with my earlier guess, but yea not 100% sure

I think he has overwhelming confidence and self-belief, so he is willing to throw his cards on the table and see how they fall..... in, or out

it cannot be viewed as anything other than reaching for greatness

Comment

Give Rigo cred for taking the fight and doesn't complain about the weight difference. Sometimes you just have to dare to be great so all the respect to Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    Rigondeaux didn't have to take the fight considering he secured a $10 mil contract for four years with Roc Nation.
                    You are right. He have a guaranteed contract with RN. So he really didn't need to take this fight. Specially with all the cards against him...

Comment

Rigo's X promoter needs to put the cocaine or the crack or the alcohol down and get back to clean living his brain is fried if he thinks lomachenko is more of a special fighter than Guillermo rigondeaux. The size difference is not that dramatic in the weight won't make a difference. The only difference will be the Crooked judging in Vegas even when Rigo blatantly out boxes the kid lomachenko. Especially when lomachenko is a pillow puncher. Guillermo is going to have a field day with this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X